BBS-1

Earlier in the week a local wet shave friend was kind enough to loan me an LA Shaving Soap Co. BBS-1. In fact, this is serial #1. I wanted to share some photos with you. Since I'm also in the business of making stainless steel razors I don't think it's appropriate for me to craft a full review. But I will say that this is a beautifully made razor, a cool head design, and great shaver. Here are the photos:

BBS1.jpg

BBS2.jpg

BBS3.jpg

head2.jpg

Base_Plate.jpg

Head_with_Blade.jpg

Head1.jpg

Ooohhhh, nice one Shane.
One question though - does the blade lie absolutely flat (à la PILS) or does it bend when the handle and head are tightened?

Ooohhhh, nice one Shane.
One question though - does the blade lie absolutely flat (à la PILS) or does it bend when the handle and head are tightened?

I'm also borrowing a Pils, incidentally. The BBS-1 does bend the blade like a more traditional head, albeit a fairly shallow bend.

They keep raising the price to try to lower demand until it matches supply. Doesn't seem to have worked so far. Good for them.

Ooohhhh, nice one Shane.

I've read before that the blade is flat in the Pils and never second guessed it, but I just shaved with the Pils I'm borrowing and can confirm that it absolutely does bend the blade. It's a minor bend, but it's there.

They could raise supply until it matches demand instead :cool:

Supply is their fixed limiting factor. I don't know the operation very well, but it's my understanding that James makes them all himself while also making Wolfman. Someone with more knowledge is free to correct me.

Back
Top Bottom