Benefits of SE over DE?

Satanfriendly

Supporter
Supporter
LeJog 2022 Finisher
I am often sorely tempted to try an SE but wonder if there are any end result benefits over my usual DE?

Oddly I passed on the only SE I have owned to a TSR member who has helped me out in the past. In this case an Eveready.

Would my Shaving life be better, cheaper or anything else ending in 'er'?

I am often sorely tempted to try an SE but wonder if there are any end result benefits over my usual DE?

Oddly I passed on the only SE I have owned to a TSR member who has helped me out in the past. In this case an Eveready.

Would my Shaving life be better, cheaper or anything else ending in 'er'?

I have often wondered the same thing.

I have been tempted to pull the trigger on one but do I want to start again trying to find the blade that works for me? So I concluded that unless I can get my hands on something beautiful like the Cobra I'm not going to bother :)

As already stated the blades are thicker and more forgiving, I find the shave more efficient with less chance of a mishap
If you go down the vintage road there's a limited choice of blades (one in the UK) but this is a good thing as they're all good.
The modern AC road, less strokes per pass, a wider choice of blades than the vintage but fewer choices than DEs. I only use three of the choices, so again, I don't find it a problem.
Injectors, again limited blade choice but if you're in need of a quick fuss free shave then you can't go far wrong, you just have to find a handle/head that suits.
What are you waiting for?

Back
Top Bottom