Best Products to use after Shave? Balm or Aftershave?

I vary depending on how my skin feels. If at all raw it'll be balm, usually the BBA post shave balm as recommended above. If I'm neither here nor there it'll be both, balm first and a/s after. If I'm feeling dry I'll go balm and if I'm not I'll go aftershave. Sometimes I just want an aftershave/alcohol burn so will go for just that!
No right or wrong so try it out and see what your skin prefers. Some people use only witch hazel, can be picked up cheap from boots. Some people use aloe vera gel only which can be found online etc. I think it can be picked up from boots as well. Some people go without entirely!
Good luck in your quest! :D

I moisturise every day, so go for what ever mood I'm in, though with some aftershaves (aqua velva, old spice etc) I use vitamin e oil, with others (proraso, cella etc) it doesn't feel necessary.
Edit: forgot to mention my homemade skin food

Depends on your skin type, If you have a very dry skin Balm can be good, my skin is oily so I always use alcohol based aftershave splashes, I only use balm if it is very cold. If you are living in the UK you can buy Nivea balm, sometimes in bargain and pound shops you may come across to Real shaving Co. balm or Boots Freshwood balm. With aftershave splashes again Boots freshwood, Superdrug has two a/s splashes with two different scents, Old Spice and Brut splashes are widely available at most stores. If you fancy bit more long lasting and different scents both on balm and splash, pay a visit to M&S they got some quality stuff there. These are only few examples you can get without using the internet and they are inexpensive. Give it a try.
Don't forget; a product suggested by someone, you may not like it or you may like it but your skin may not. So it is bit of a trial and error and if you don't want to break the bank first go steady and start with inexpensive products.

Bulldog products are British made, natural, gentle on the skin, affordable and very easily obtainable countrywide. My own other personal fave has to be Myrsol Emulsion, been on the market since around tye 1930s and versatile enough to be used as both a pre and after shave, or even, if needed, as a non lathering shave cream.

JohnnyO. o/

Forget all that processed junk in balms there is only one post shave product, One tub to rule them all and it is all you will ever need. Sir I give you
aloe.jpg Forget everything else. This stuff will take care of any redness, soreness, razor burn or any other post shave problems. It is natural and great for your skin.

• aloe.jpg

• The Aloe Vera Gel caught my interest as I am a sucker for natural but checking the ingredients, well I am going to pass
  • Aqua (Demineralised Water)
  • Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract
  • Glycerin
  • Phenoxyethanol/Ethylhexylglycerin
  • Carbomer
  • Sodium Hydroxide
  • Disodium EDTA
  • Citric Acid

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom