Binning unwanted items

I think it’s a waste when people throw things that are not suitable for them. Blades that don’t agree with you or soaps/creams etc. Give them to friends or pass them onto people on here. What do you chaps think? I would happily try soaps etc that people don’t like as I only have a few and can’t afford to buy on a regular basis

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haha I agree! I would always attempt to sell/PIF something that I just didn't want. One of the main reasons I made the switch to wet shaving was to cut down on waste.

I thought (although I could be wrong) that it may have started because of my post about 10 minutes earlier in the soap or creams thread where I said I binned a TOBS Sandalwood :(

I should clarify, I used the tub for a couple of months, on and off, until I realised the irritation and redness was nothing to do with my technique with the razor.

First I tried to package the cream with something I was selling, but no joy. Then i received a soap which needed a bowl, and decided I wanted to keep the tub.

I did then consider whether there was anything I could do with the cream, other than use it as I didn't want to. I couldn't imagine the advert being well received ,

"Scratty half used tub of TOBS Sandalwood. Keeping the tub - you would be buying the cream in a ziplock bag. £2.95 to cover postage"

(Not to mention I have to then take that to the Post Office for nothing. Or at a loss to myself if I PIF it)

So I threw it out :oops:

Wasn’t pointing the finger Dansco. Sorry if I offended you. Just that I have read many threads and see people binning stuff regularly. I don’t earn a lot and so hate waste of any kind. I would love to try fancy soaps etc but couldn’t afford them. Sorry again if you thought I was having a go at you. I wasn’t

Wasn’t pointing the finger Dansco. Sorry if I offended you. Just that I have read many threads and see people binning stuff regularly. I don’t earn a lot and so hate waste of any kind. I would love to try fancy soaps etc but couldn’t afford them. Sorry again if you thought I was having a go at you. I wasn’t

Haha no offense taken! I wanted to clarify that i dont usually throw things away, that was all :D

P.s. ask my wife!! She cant stand the kind of rubbish that i refuse to throw away :p

Last edited:
I should clarify, I used the tub for a couple of months, on and off, until I realised the irritation and redness was nothing to do with my technique with the razor.

First I tried to package the cream with something I was selling, but no joy. Then i received a soap which needed a bowl, and decided I wanted to keep the tub.

I did then consider whether there was anything I could do with the cream, other than use it as I didn't want to. I couldn't imagine the advert being well received ,

"Scratty half used tub of TOBS Sandalwood. Keeping the tub - you would be buying the cream in a ziplock bag. £2.95 to cover postage"

(Not to mention I have to then take that to the Post Office for nothing. Or at a loss to myself if I PIF it)

So I threw it out :oops:
I think that under those circumstances you can probably be forgiven. ;)

I’ve only ever binned Proraso white, because it costs so little, and I wouldn’t want to inflict it on anyone, as it’s really that poor.

If anyone has anything they are not using, donations for the newbie boxes are always appreciated .

@Sportsbike - why don’t you put your name down for one of the boxes. It’s a good way to try a range of items, with the only cost being £7 courier postage to the next participant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@Mbarn didn’t know there was such a thing. Where would I find the section for putting my name down? Would love to try other soaps etc. I still feel embarrassed suggesting people just waste things for the sake of it. When money is tight and all that

@Mbarn didn’t know there was such a thing. Where would I find the section for putting my name down? Would love to try other soaps etc. I still feel embarrassed suggesting people just waste things for the sake of it. When money is tight and all that

Here you go:

http://theshavingroom.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/newbie-pass-around.33334/page-48

Comment on the thread, and either myself or @Far Cry Toff will add your name to the list, and you’ll get one-of-two boxes to trial for two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dont be daft! Most people are very friendly here and some go well above and beyond! Cant imagine anyone taking offense. See how the box goes ;)