Blooming water?.....

Excuse the language, but what is this?.
Some posters "bloom", soap,....some add, "blooming", water to help lather up,...they can't all be using profanities, shirley,.....
Yes,.....I know.
Some people when using a hard soap will add a little warm water to sit on top of the puck to help with lathering, just let it sit for around 5-10 minuets and then drain off as use as a pre shave before you lather up or add to your lathering bowl or tip away......when I do this I use the bloom water as a pre shave because I don't like to dash it down the drain. :) so there you have it.

I know that some people say that you don't need to bloom soaps, but on the Saponificio Varesino website they encourage it;

Usage advice

Our formulations contain active ingredients that, in order to give the best perfomance, need to solubilize and/or melt. The maximum performance can be obtained in this way:

• cover the soap surface with a thin veil of hot water for few minutes. The quantity of water needed may vary depending on your water hardness and the rate of humidity of the soap, a correct quantity is when the whole soap surface is covered by water,
  • soak a badger shaving brush (being it the best perfomer when it comes to water absorbing),
  • rinse it well and then pour the thin veil of water that bloomed the soap on the knot, and then start loading (20-30 seconds),
  • face/bowl lather without adding water.

Well I bloom my hard Kent (MWF) soap, in fact used it today. Used the bloom water as a pre shave, does it make a difference? No idea, I'm a noob at this lark. It did soften the soap & it lathered up lovely. Will I continue to bloom this soap, probably cos it's recommended :rolleyes:

I've just had my best DE shave, so I won't change this particular routine.

How are you liking the soap ? Post-shave feel ?

I only have a few soaps, but it lathers great, no particular scent, lather lasts great. Seems nice and silky. I don't have any issues with it, nice wooden pot too :)

Like I said, I'm new to this shenanigans.
MWF likes to be bloomed, it just makes it easer to lather quicker, leaves a fantastic skin feel afterwards....a great soap :)

Back
Top Bottom