Bluebeard's Revenge Straight Razors

Hello,

So I am tempted to buy a straight razor (have been thinking about it for the last month or two) and was sent a discount code to use at shaving shack. I have been looking at a few different brands, in particular Bluebeard's Revenge.

What are they like? Are they just rebranded Chinese razors?

Cheers.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Those Razors will Need Honed..They are Not Proper Shave Ready from the Factory..o_O

The Seller Alludes to this..Please note: Whilst this razor is factory honed and deemed “shave ready” by the manufacturer, getting it professionally honed is still suggested prior to commencing your shave if you like to keep things extra-sharp..:)

Thats George Orwell's Double Speak for its Not Proper Shave Ready from the Factory..:D:D

Billy

Although I have few modern brand new straight razors(Timor and Dovo) I prefer vintage razors. The modern ones I have shaved ok, Timor was ok and Dovo was good but this doesn't mean they are all shave ready, from other peoples feedback I guess I was lucky especially with dovo.
If you really want to buy that razor and have a good discount and don't want to waste it, then buy it :) After you receive the razor, strop it and shave and if the shave is not comfortable you can send it to be honed.
If you buy a vintage straight razor, you got to be careful that it has no rust and chip on the edge.
Someone was selling a shave ready Gotta on BST section. I am not going to comment on the price but those razors are very good, as a matter of fact I can say one of the Best Razor you can get in that Category, and that one looks like a very good example with a very little use.

Heljestand, SSA, Revisor etc I am not able to pick a best blade from my collection, they are all great if, and only if, properly honed and stropped and handled with a technique to match :)
Gotta is really good quality. I never had a Swedish razor. But I have some German, Sheffield steel and Sheffield made, Sheffield steel German/Solingen made Full hollow razors and I would say Gotta is my favourite among them.

Was offered a lot of straight razors the other week, 40 Eskilstuna, 20 Solingen and 3 Sheffield (2 Bengall and 1 really old impossible to desipher), yup Sheffield blades are rare over here in Sweden, never tested one myself.

Back
Top Bottom