Boar lovers rejoice.

I have a Seamogue 2000 well broken in but I have rescued it from the bin a few times lol. I only keep it because from time to time I get some really good result wth it, however, occasionally I get so frustrated with it that it ends up in the bin.

I have a Seamogue 2000 well broken in but I have rescued it from the bin a few times lol. I only keep it because from time to time I get some really good result wth it, however, occasionally I get so frustrated with it that it ends up in the bin.
The next time you get really frustrated with it send it to me, I will pay the postage :) P.

I'm kind of embarrassed to be so fond of synthetics, good silvertip badgers are out of my reach ( I have two ) and love them,
so I have a Muhle boar in the mail, if this little trick works, I'm in business.
I was slow to get in to Synthitics but I have a couple of Razorock brushes and I love them, I won't be getting rid of my badgers and boars but the Synthitics give me another choice. :)

I've got 2 boar brushes. Only brushes I have. An Omega 49 which was good straight out of box and tremendous after a few uses, and a smaller Kent VS30 I use when traveling. The Kent took a while to break in but only because it's used sporadically. Nothing difficult about breaking them in - just use them. Both cheap, work a treat and will last many years. Boar brushes, like soaps, reward the familiarity and ease that comes from regular use, rather than chopping and changing between umpteen options. An approach that's kinder to the pocket too.

Last edited:
I've got 2 boar brushes. Only brushes I have. An Omega 49 which was good straight out of box and tremendous after a few uses, and a smaller Kent VS30 I use when traveling. The Kent took a while to break in but only because it's used sporadically. Nothing difficult about breaking them in - just use them. Both cheap, work a treat and will last many years. Boar brushes, like soaps, reward the familiarity and ease that comes from regular use, rather than chopping and changing between umpteen options. An approach that's kinder to the pocket too.
It's reputed that Omega boars take much less time to break in than Semogue. Mine I had for more than two years, used almost regularly and it's still as hard as the day I bought it.

I've just finished rubbing the Semogue on to the towel for the second day.
It has shown improvement but not as much as I would have wished. I put it in the fridge for the third and final time but this time I added a little white vinegar to see if it will accelerate the softening. I might ruin it but I'll keep monitoring it every few hours.
I'll report back tomorrow or as results start to show.

It's reputed that Omega boars take much less time to break in than Semogue. Mine I had for more than two years, used almost regularly and it's still as hard as the day I bought it.
Yeh I've read that Omega's are better out of the box too. Not having used a Semogue I can't compare, but reading that swayed me towards Omega. Nonetheless Semogue seem well liked brushes by 'n large. Maybe you've just been unlucky, Kypros, and got a 4 pm on a Friday example.

Back
Top Bottom