British Barber Association Cream - first impressions.

AJP

IMG_0072.JPG IMG_0073.JPG IMG_0073.JPG IMG_0073.JPG I received this box in the post this morning courtesy of @Emma C. from the BBA:
IMG_0072.JPG

I took the cream for a trial lather having already shaved. I opted to use my Razorock Bruce synthetic and my Steve Woodhead Scuttle. I used my normal pea sized amount (rather than the BBA recommended walnut sized) and got the results in pics 2 and 3.
IMG_0073.JPG IMG_0076.JPG

I'll be shaving with it tomorrow and seeing how it performs but initial impressions are good.

The scent is familiar - there is something of the Real Shaving Company cream scent to it yet more complex.
At £16 for the tub of cream it is priced between a tub of Taylor's and Trumpers. Tomorrow's shave will tell me whether it performs better than Taylor's and so whether it is priced (obviously in my opinion) correctly.

The branding of the company seems to be towards the 'metrosexual' gent rather than the 'retro sexual', traditional shaving gent like Taylor's et al.

That being said, I'm looking forwards to giving it a proper try tomorrow.

Thanks again to @Emma C. who seems to be very keen with connecting to this community.

I received a box from Emma and took guidance from their video.
Here's my two penn'orth:
These products are top drawer, in my opinion, the clay-based face wash is used twice, first to cleanse, then re-applied as an exfoliating scrub. I didn't get the shave oil so cannot comment, although it is one element I really would have liked to try.
The shave butter was lovely, BBA say it can be used as a stand-alone shave cream,...I take that under advisement,...but I left it on and lathered up the shave cream as per instructions, not quite a walnut-sized scoop as it seemed too much, even using a bit less was too much ,...AJP's suggestion of a pea sized, is about spot on.
I was a bit loathe to keep adding water and still ended up with a very thick lather which covered well and felt great.
The shave itself was very cushioned but I had to keep rinsing the razor and leaving water on it to aid glide.
Excellent shave only spoiled by an incorrect, IMO, amount of cream recommended.
The Post Shave Balm was a shock, it's DARK RED!!....I put some on and started to look like I'd been in California for a month, it was like fake tan and very "greasy", but no worries, it soon absorbed and the "tan", soon dissipated, leaving my skin feeling smooth and hydrated.
All in all a great shave with excellent products, although their Signature Shave is more of a spa treatment rather than a daily shave. I'll try out the Shave Oil, when I get some, shave butter and shave cream as a daily shave and report back.
Well done to Emma for engaging with us "end-users", and wish her and BBA every success in their ventures.

Last edited:
I received a box
The Post Shave Balm was a shock, it's DARK RED!!....I put some on and started to look like I'd been in California for a month, it was like fake tan and very "greasy", but no worries, it soon absorbed an the "tan", soon dissipated, leaving my skin feeling smooth and hydrated.

Alongside the shave cream, I received a couple of sample pouches of the balm which I'll be trying. Never seen a red one before!

Staying within this thread, I have literally just received a large parcel from Emma at BBA.
During our PM's she mentioned the Passaround Box and I told her that by chance I was the current custodian of said box.
As promised, she has sent us all full-size samples of their range plus 50 or more assorted sachets.
These will be added to the box and passed on when I can find a bigger box and have saved up the postage to post it on:)
I hope this gesture is appreciated by us all

Last edited:
Received my box today and am pleasantly surprised, very quick delivery as well. Thanks @Emma C. Not used the shave cream yet, but will do in the coming days and will report back. Nice packaging and nice scent from the tub. Also the idea of incorporating a small shave bowl into the lid of the cream is a clever, albeit not particularly well illustrated innovation. Whether the tub is big enough to actually make a lather is another matter entirely, but could be useful for a travel shave. There is a full list of the ingredients in the picture below;

img_20170426_150138-jpg.11184

@Emma C. can I please recommend you put your FULL ingredients list on your website. Many wet shavers on this forum and others like to be able to see exactly what is in the products they are buying BEFORE they buy them

[QUOTE="Looney12345, post: 635621,There is a full list of the ingredients in the picture below;

img_20170426_150138-jpg.11184

[/QUOTE]

Aha, I didn't see that!

I liked the bowl touch too - but forgot to mention it. Like you say, probably good enough for a travel shave etc.

Used a sachet of Face Moisturiser today after using the Face Wash as a soap, very invigorating and the Moisturiser, like the a/s Balm was very "wet", at first, but was soon absorbed and the moisturising effect lasted all day,...Very impressed.

Evening Gents, Thank you all for your feedback and suggestions. Listing the full ingredients on the website, it is something I will look at for sure.
I'll leave you all to enjoy the products and your shaves. Do feel free to tag me / pm me with any questions or feedback you may have.
And above all, thank you for taking the time out to give your feedback, it is much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Emma

Arrived home to a package from Emma at the BBA, thanks
Very nicely boxed samples and post shave balm.
The balm is red/brown in colour, pleasant smell, and hydrates well.
I am impressed and eager to try the samples that also arrived.
Roll on the weekend to try them all.
So overall I would say that I would spend my money on it.

Used it to shave this morning and very nice it was too. Lathered up the same amount as my trial yesterday which with a touch or two of water gave more than enough for 3 passes and a clean up.

Smooth, irritation free shave. It gives a nice slick lather and smells nice. Does it perform better than Taylor's? On a par certainly.

Back
Top Bottom