brush picture thread?

Leading on from my query about brush jargon, I'm wondering if there was any possibility of a "show us your brushes" thread? I'm now looking for ideas for a handle, plus I'm nosey! :)

As of this moment, these are the brushes currently in my arsenal.

Boar
Badger (#1 is a boar I forgot to include in the above photo, #2 is a mixed badger and boar brush)
Synthetic

I do plan to add another Badger but I'm undecided between two brushes, a Seillean or Americana from The Gentlemans Groom Room and I am awaiting a Vie Long horse hair brush from Spain
Nice collection you have there. :)

Thank you, some very lovely badgers in your collection. What is the Shavemac D01 silvertip like? I ask because I am thinking of purchasing an Americana and it mentions that hair as being in the brush. I'm relatively new to badgers.
The two band D01 is the most dense and stiff knot that Shavemac sell, at first it's a little scratchy but will soon get soft on the tips and it has tons of backbone, the normal two band is softer from the get go but although it has good backbone it's not as stiff or dense as the D01.

The two band D01 is the most dense and stiff knot that Shavemac sell, at first it's a little scratchy but will soon get soft on the tips and it has tons of backbone, the normal two band is softer from the get go but although it has good backbone it's not as stiff or dense as the D01.
Thank you, write ups are good to read but not as good as picking someone's brain for how the brush is. I have a few weeks to mull it over

As of this moment, these are the brushes currently in my arsenal.

Boar
Badger (#1 is a boar I forgot to include in the above photo, #2 is a mixed badger and boar brush)
Synthetic

I do plan to add another Badger but I'm undecided between two brushes, a Seillean or Americana from The Gentlemans Groom Room and I am awaiting a Vie Long horse hair brush from Spain
What are your thoughts on the Sterling badger?

Back
Top Bottom