Cella Crema Sapone Extra Extra Purissima Shaving Soap

My first experience of Cella, here are my final thoughts:

This is probably the most popular of the bulk block Italian soaps, alongside Vitos. The brand is better known too, largely because it has a range of consumer products, rather than being trade only. Or at least (that's) how it appears.

As with many of its ilk, it's a soft soap, easy to mold. The fragrance is supposed to be almond, but I couldn't pick that up. In fact it had just a general ‘soap' smell to my nose, closer to MWF. It's not strong either way, so not a soap to pick if you like pungent products.

It apparently differs from the smaller pots, the label on which translates as ‘almond oil shaving cream' where this translates as ‘extra extra pure shave soap.' The ingredients list (from what I could find) looks identical though.

No problem producing lather from it, though it does like a drop of water. No need to bloom it. Slickness was generally good and I picked up few nicks. Post shave feel was top notch.

Overall a very good soap and it lived up to its reputation. Not a massive surprise given its longevity (it's been around since 1899), it has to be pretty good to survive so long.

It's close between this and Valobra for my favourite of these old-school soaps, but this is cheaper. Certainly one to recommend.

Full review here.

Nice write up.
Its funny how people interpretate things differently, as in you think it smells like MWF but I do get that almond cherry scent.
It is a great soap and one of my all time faves. Will be buying another block in the future.

I think the pots have slightly different proportions of the same ingredients and are cured for less time.

If you break through the 'skin' on the potted version it is borderline soap / cream

Last edited:
Nice write up.
Its funny how people interpretate things differently, as in you think it smells like MWF but I do get that almond cherry scent.
It is a great soap and one of my all time faves. Will be buying another block in the future.
MWF Smells like a Tarts Socks..Cella is a Very Strong Cherry Almond Scent..Far Stronger than Vitos..;)

Billy

My first experience of Cella, here are my final thoughts:

This is probably the most popular of the bulk block Italian soaps, alongside Vitos. The brand is better known too, largely because it has a range of consumer products, rather than being trade only. Or at least (that's) how it appears.

As with many of its ilk, it's a soft soap, easy to mold. The fragrance is supposed to be almond, but I couldn't pick that up. In fact it had just a general ‘soap' smell to my nose, closer to MWF. It's not strong either way, so not a soap to pick if you like pungent products.

It apparently differs from the smaller pots, the label on which translates as ‘almond oil shaving cream' where this translates as ‘extra extra pure shave soap.' The ingredients list (from what I could find) looks identical though.

No problem producing lather from it, though it does like a drop of water. No need to bloom it. Slickness was generally good and I picked up few nicks. Post shave feel was top notch.

Overall a very good soap and it lived up to its reputation. Not a massive surprise given its longevity (it's been around since 1899), it has to be pretty good to survive so long.

It's close between this and Valobra for my favourite of these old-school soaps, but this is cheaper. Certainly one to recommend.

Full review here.
Sorry but if you didn't pick up a almond scent on cella you must be reviewing another soap lol it's so overpowering it's untrue.

I have had just two shaves with the Cella Almond Cream and found that it has a lovely fairly strong well lasting almond smell. Not only that, but I got a lovely smooth shave !
Up to now I have mostly used TOBS creams, but this is definitely my new go-to cream. Superb !

Back
Top Bottom