Cella

I don't think there is a Cella review. Here is my effort.
It certainly smells of almonds.
The lather produced seems to be good. Its quite a soft soap so I don't think it will last long.
If you like the smell of almonds then this is certainly a good soap.
I personally won't buy this soap again for the following reasons.
I'm not keen on the smell.
The pot is small and lather spills off onto your hand. (I'm going to scoop it all out and put it in my souffle dish which is a fantastic device by the way).
The lid of the pot contains only writing. I was expecting a picture of Rev-O.

I prefer Palmolive stick, erasmic, MWF and wilko which is less smelly, also good and cheaper.

Just used Cella for my last 2 shaves. I was digging through my stuff and pulled out the red Cella pot.

Mrs.M: "What's that one?"

Me: "It's Cella. Here, have a wiff" (she likes to sample the scents)

Mrs.M: "Mmm, smells like Battenburg"

So I decided to use it.

The scent is growing on me. I don't like the taste of Marzipan, but can put up with the scent. It lathers well. I use an almost dry brush, load it up, and then either build the lather on my face, or (like the past 2 days) in my hand.

It's slick, cushioning, and what I notice most of all is that it less drying than pretty much everything else I have tried. In fact, I was tempted to use it this morning and then not use any a/s product.

I like it, and I can see me buying more.

Ian

I got to try this courtesy of Arrowhead.
One of my favorites.

. Nice 'Clean' ingredients list.
. Inoffensive smell once you start lathering.
. One of the slickest soaps around
. The small sample I received has been used about 5 x and there is lots left
. Lovely lather

Tremendous soap! The easiest lather I have ever produced. I don't think it will be used up too quickly as it's quite a hard cream and didn't seem to need a lot to lather.

Arrowhead said:
Sonny, I'd like to know how you think it compares to P.160, leaving aside issues of scent for obvious reasons.

Sorry, Arrow. I didn't try it because I knew I wouldn't get along with the scent in the long run.

From what I've read it's close to cella. I have read more 'irritation' stories about p160 and hardly any on Cella.

Moodymick

I appreciate O have not used both so can't give you the comparison you wanted however I would recommend Cella to anyone. I'm only on my 3rd shave with it but so far it's been fantastic. A great lather, excellent protection and no irritation!

Simmo

As a result of Rev banging on about Cella Cologne several times and my hankering for a lighter summer scent, I bought some Cella Cologne and soap, I just got it today, as always a very quick service from Paul at Connaught. As much as I hate to admit it Rev is spot on, this Cella Classica is as nice as CF Keig which is far more expensive, it is a lovely lemony citrus summer scent. Paul also included a sample of Cella Lavande which I didn't even know existed so will see how that goes when I try it.

I will try the dinky little Cella soap pot tomorrow, I wonder where Fido got that Spatula, I like the knife shape. I think Ikea most likely from my quick web search. The Cella pot is quite small in width and a spatula would do for this and many other creams to easily remove a blob and smear in the scuttle. Just looked on line and it is 59p from Ikea and the same one is £2.50 (posted) on the bay. I know postage is a factor but think it is the pound shop or Tescos as I am rarely in Ikea.

Definitely recommend this Cella Classica for a nice summer smell.

Audio

I work along the road from Ikea and have just started looking for a spatula after it was pointed out in Fidos "stash" photo. I'll pop in and pick one up for you hopefully over the next few days if you want and stick it in the post. Shouldn't imagine it would cost 2 quid in a plastic bag!!!!!!!

Let me know I'll be getting myself one anyway....

Back
Top Bottom