Chinese knock-off

The original one is great too. More expensive of course, but apart from the razor's quality, I like to support a company that is actually able to design razors.
Let's see, in the last three and a half decades we had the Vision...was there something else? I'm not pinning my hopes on Merkur for innovation.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Now if the 'knock-off' was made from brass rather than that horrible zinc muck, that would be a real improvement :)
Lovely shave this morning with a 70-80 year old razor made with that horrible zinc muck...to each his own I guess.
c9226b13cf2978f38553da340a0d7ca6.jpg

Zamak is OK until the plating wears through. Yours probably has really good plating and so long as it has, your razor will be fine. The problem with zinc alloy is that once unprotected, it literally dissolves and is impossible to restore. I have many slants etc. which sadly are no longer serviceable.

Lovely shave this morning with a 70-80 year old razor made with that horrible zinc muck...to each his own I guess.
c9226b13cf2978f38553da340a0d7ca6.jpg

Zamak is OK until the plating wears through. Yours probably has really good plating and so long as it has, your razor will be fine. The problem with zinc alloy is that once unprotected, it literally dissolves and is impossible to restore. I have many slants etc. which sadly are no longer serviceable.
That's understood, I'm simply more interested in exploring and enjoying the full range of razor design and not fetishising materials as I see some do.

Back
Top Bottom