Christmas/winter holiday drinks

For me Glögg (mulled wine) is the quintessential Christmas/winter holiday drink. I normally have it with some raisins and pieces of almonds in the glass as well.
Ah...I want some now!

How about you lot? Any local/family drink favorites around this time of the year?

Happy Holidays to all!

a38c667aea9c4052374b717ed34eb487856de57183e2c57615cc718bae598639.jpg

Last edited:
Home flavoured Vodka. Vanilla is my favourite. Easy to do, bottle of vodka vanilla pod popped in and left until the Vodka is a golden colour. Loads of other favours from sweets to coffee. I've also done Cherry using Morello Cherries from out cherry tree, just get a big jar or bottle, destine Cherries put both together, leave and then strain. Make a trifle with cherries.

Haven't had Malibu for years. Last time I did it must of been a bad batch, or it could have been the alcopops, home made scrumpy (with bits floating in it, Southern Comfort ? One of them ? Anyway, needless to say SWMBO will never let me forget it. Maybe it was the clever idea of powering the window down and throwing up out of it. A good idea in principle, but at 70 mph down the motorway I didn't take into account the wind blowing it straight back in ! That was only six weeks after picking it up brand new !!!!

Not a fan of mulled anything. Had some once and it was like drinking Bay Rum...just cloves.

Christmas ales taste like some kind of liquified Christmas cake.

I'll just stick to regular ales, Guinness and Gin and Tonic. Taking a alcohol leave of absence in the new year for at least 3 months, maybe longer.

Haven't had Malibu for years. Last time I did it must of been a bad batch, or it could have been the alcopops, home made scrumpy (with bits floating in it, Southern Comfort ? One of them ? Anyway, needless to say SWMBO will never let me forget it. Maybe it was the clever idea of powering the window down and throwing up out of it. A good idea in principle, but at 70 mph down the motorway I didn't take into account the wind blowing it straight back in ! That was only six weeks after picking it up brand new !!!!
How strange, I can relate to that.:rolleyes:

Not a fan of mulled anything. Had some once and it was like drinking Bay Rum...just cloves.

Christmas ales taste like some kind of liquified Christmas cake.

I'll just stick to regular ales, Guinness and Gin and Tonic. Taking a alcohol leave of absence in the new year for at least 3 months, maybe longer.

I've had to move to a weekend only holding pattern for alcohol, it was starting to edge into soma holiday territory rather than a pleasurable end to the day. An occasional break can be good for the soul.

Back
Top Bottom