Citrus/lime recommendations

Lidl has a fairly citrusy EDP called Aqua Fresh, on me at least it last for hours.

It is a clone of Armani Aqua Di Gio so not totally citrus, the dry down is a mix of citrus and Cedar.

Another one if you can find it is Bergamotto Marino.

I was over at the Traditional Shaving Shop in Leeds the other week and tried thier own brand Lime Cologne. Quite impressed.

Personally I use Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet. Great scent but must be one of most short lived there is.

+1 for Blenheim Bouquet - it is short lived though as Satanfriendly has mentioned. I get about 4-5 hours tops, and fragrances seem to last well on me, for whatever reason. One of my longer-standing favourites and one I'd recommend everyone to sample.

Xerjoff Renaissance is a herbal-minty citrus mixture. It's the longest lasting citrus-based fragrance I've come across. It is certainly more expensive than most but worth the outlay if you want something fresh.

Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017 version) has a lovely citron opening which dulls down, but remains present, throughout its life. It becomes more woodsy/resinous/vetiver-y towards the dry down but it's still fairly bright. I'd say it's one which could be worn year round. Not to be confused with the Johnny Depp 'Sauvage'. One of my favourites currently.

Mancera Cedrat Boise. Despite it not being solely citrus, and certainly not lime, it's got a strong lemon at the beginning along with some blackcurrant. Dries down to a far more woody creature but projects and lasts phenomenally on me. I'll get 8-10 hours comfortably from 2 sprays, with 3 lasting me perhaps 14 (I've not really paid much attention past the 8 hour mark).

Atelier Bergamote Soleil. A 'wet' feeling bergamot-orange mixture which lasts fairly well and has a lovely, natural-smelling bergamot opening. It is, however, a cologne so takes on the typical cologne feel especially in the dry-down with lavender and 'woods' creeping through.

Lidl has a fairly citrusy EDP called Aqua Fresh, on me at least it last for hours.

It is a clone of Armani Aqua Di Gio so not totally citrus, the dry down is a mix of citrus and Cedar.

Another one if you can find it is Bergamotto Marino.
A fine Eau de Cologne, the fore mentioned
Bergamotto Marino is a good example. Berdoues Pamplemousse or Vervaine Yuzu are not expenseive. Parfums de Nicolaï Cedrat is excellent. I wasn't impressed with Borsari.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom