Claymore SE V2

Yes I agree the new design is not as nice as the previous one, but the V1 had problems with the casting. This new one though has all the problems ironed out (hopefully).
From what their website says about 50% of the origanal razor castings had to be sent back however all the razors sold were perfect, so anyone with one of the V1s need not be concerned about quality issues. :)

From what their website says about 50% of the original razor castings had to be sent back however all the razors sold were perfect, so anyone with one of the V1s need not be concerned about quality issues. :)
Well, some passed the screening, like the one Steve Hardy reviewed. That one had a top plate that was not straight. He made a video on it.

I expect the odd one slipped through the net but I'm sure Brian at exec shaving would not have been happy about it, he is a man who likes things done right not like some manufaturers who sell off rejects at a cheap price.....we all know who they are......mine was perfect anyway.

In all fairness to Brian, there are a lot of favourable reports out there on the V1. I'm sure the V2 will be well received. I only hope it shaves me well, YMMV.
I'm sure it will shave you just fine if Brian has had anything to do with it. It would not be in his best interest to have a razor produced that was not fit for the job in hand. I will look forward to hearing what you think about your new razor.

I expect the odd one slipped through the net but I'm sure Brian at exec shaving would not have been happy about it, he is a man who likes things done right not like some manufaturers who sell off rejects at a cheap price.....we all know who they are......mine was perfect anyway.
Interesting. My V1 works just fine as a razor, but, after reading this, I looked at it carefully. It's all in order, except that the chamfer on the baseplate leading edge isn't exactly the same along its length. However, the blade is flat and even, and, as I say, it shaves properly.

Interesting. My V1 works just fine as a razor, but, after reading this, I looked at it carefully. It's all in order, except that the chamfer on the baseplate leading edge isn't exactly the same along its length. However, the blade is flat and even, and, as I say, it shaves properly.
As long as it shaves well....and the defect can not have been too obvious for you not to have noticed it before now, I hope this does not make you look at your razor in a different light, so to speak! :)

As long as it shaves well....and the defect can not have been too obvious for you not to have noticed it before now, I hope this does not make you look at your razor in a different light, so to speak! :)
It won't. It's possible to get too hung-up on these things and, whilst I like things to be in "apple pie order", I shan't be grieving over this slight imperfection.

Back
Top Bottom