Claymore victim

Over the bank holiday weekend, I received my Slight Second Claymore.

After a significnat amount of hunting, I managed to find out what made it a slight second! A small scratch on the handle.

Flicking in a Feather Pro blade, I went into action. Must admit, getting an SE blade into place is trickier than a DE blade as it's so much smaller.

I lathered up a good load of Porasso White (sensitive skin) and gave it a go.

I was unprepared for just how different it feels compared to a DE; heavy razor, wide blade, no flex was very different. I think I did a reasonable job, and enjoyed my first SE experience.

The razor itself was nicely balanced, though I'm not 100% sure about the matte look. Shaving was slighty scary, possibly because of the weight of the razor and size of the head. Though the razor was nice to use. I managed to get under the nose well (often a problem area for me). Everything seemed to glide well.

I must admit the blade is a bit too aggressive for me, maybe I should search out a less agressive blade, or maybe just more practise will do the job.

I'm afraid this won't replace my DE, but it was a good experience. Not sure if I'll keep it long term, as I want to keep my blood inside me where possible...

Thanks for the tips guys. I've promised myself I'll keep at it for a bit longer but we shall see.

I don't suppose anyone has advice for a less aggressive blade for the Claymore?

Kai Pinks are well regarded as a mild blade. I've used one a couple of times and it definitely feels like it's doing less than it is! No issues whatsoever with it.

I think the system missed the quote I wanted. Where can I get these elusive prolines?????

I'm fairly new (a few months) to SE shaving myself but I've tried a few blades. The Schick Proline is the best I've tried so far. They are sharp, smooth with no roughness and last for ages. I've lost count of how many times I've used my first blade. I've seen people say they are easily getting double fingers out of them.

I find the Feather Pro's leave my face feeling raw plus they are always rough to start out with. Others have mentioned the Kai mild ‘Pink' blades and I can recommend them too. Mild yes but smooth and sharp enough to buff/touch-up without causing irritation.

If you haven't already bought some, here's the link. Great seller by the way, very quick despatch.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Japanese-...124370?hash=item4664385612:g:ZTgAAOSwqfNXpaHu

I'm fairly new (a few months) to SE shaving myself but I've tried a few blades. The Schick Proline is the best I've tried so far. They are sharp, smooth with no roughness and last for ages. I've lost count of how many times I've used my first blade. I've seen people say they are easily getting double fingers out of them.

I find the Feather Pro's leave my face feeling raw plus they are always rough to start out with. Others have mentioned the Kai mild ‘Pink' blades and I can recommend them too. Mild yes but smooth and sharp enough to buff/touch-up without causing irritation.

If you haven't already bought some, here's the link. Great seller by the way, very quick despatch.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Japanese-...124370?hash=item4664385612:g:ZTgAAOSwqfNXpaHu
Thanks for adding the link Rob. :)

Back
Top Bottom