Cool Cologne Shave Cream

Company: Boots
Product: Cool Cologne

You can say I have someone with the inside scoop when it comes to Wet Shaving in the UK. Yesterday a new “Care Package” arrived loaded to the brim with shaving creams and soaps. I found items that I've never heard of or seen before things that without living there would have been imposable to know about let alone buy. A note inside from Leslie Asare explaining he thought I might like to try some of these products from the UK and So far, all my videos and blog articles from this point on reviewing products from the UK have been donated by Leslie Asare so a big THANK YOU goes out to him.

After looking over the bounty of items I made my first selection, a company called Boots offers a shaving cream called Cool Cologne. The packaging was the reason I selected this one first. It looks like something that James Bond would use. Tuxedo like packaging with the words Cool Cologne in light blue along with other light blue accents all around and the same goes for the tube.

The scent of this shaving cream just floored me. It's unique and has a wonderful freshness to it. One could only hope that an aftershave would accompany this as well. From the name, Cool Cologne one gets the impression that this is going to have an amazing menthol kick but sadly it was lacking in that respect. It has some but not the amount I was looking for. This would be the only negative I have with this product but to some, this could be a deal breaker.

The lather, on the other hand, was fantastic and the scent increased when creating a bowl full of it in just over a minute. It was a pleaser brushing it on. The lather was able to really get into my beard and allowed me to have complete coverage. I could have done 3 more passes with the amount of lather I still had left on the brush. The slickness and glide were on par as well allowing me to go over spots with my RazoRock slant without fear of irritation. My post shave feel was very satisfying but since I didn't have that menthol kick I was looking for I was searching for something to bring this shave up a notch so, I reached for Aqua Velva Blue Ice and slapped it on and man that did the trick.

So, I had a great shave with Cool Cologne and If you can get your hands on one I would suggest giving it a try. These are the moments that make wet shaving fun and such a great hobby for me. Trying something new that turns out to be better than you expected and then passing on that information so others, may benefit as well.

Have fun with your hobby!
Company: Boots
Product: Cool Cologne
Website: http://www.boots.com/boots-cool-cologne-lather-shave-cream-10094855

Box3.png

I took a look at this a few years back (three, checking the review, longer than I'd have guessed) and wasn't impressed by it. I was even more of a noob back then though.

I might have to dig it out and give it another try.

Tried it again this morning. Despite using a good amount of cream the amount of lather was a bit of a struggle, but had sufficient. Slickness was pretty good. Scent was quite subtle but pleasant enough. Finish was pretty good. A perfectly adequate cream, just seemed to lack any 'wow' factor.

Thanks for the good review. I think it is a good cream and would be perfect with a hint of menthol because the scent is fresh, cool, crisp and clean. If a menthol coolness added physically then this cream would a serious competitor of Proraso, Lea, Williams etc..
The main important thing to mention: In this wonderful world of wet shaving there are some discontinued, long gone products, and Cool Cologne Aftershave is one of them. In a house clearance skip I came across to an almost finished bottle of Boots Cool Cologne aftershave and the scent was fantastic, it was such a fresh, cool scent. Makes you wonder why would they stop producing such a refreshing aftershave? Ok in US you guys have Aqua Velva, In some European countries they have Aqua Velva as well, but in the UK there is no refreshing blue aftershave available on highstreet(I'm talking about physical, conventional shopping like actually going in to a shop widely available throughout the UK and not internet shopping).

Thanks for the good review. I think it is a good cream and would be perfect with a hint of menthol because the scent is fresh, cool, crisp and clean. If a menthol coolness added physically then this cream would a serious competitor of Proraso, Lea, Williams etc..
The main important thing to mention: In this wonderful world of wet shaving there are some discontinued, long gone products, and Cool Cologne Aftershave is one of them. In a house clearance skip I came across to an almost finished bottle of Boots Cool Cologne aftershave and the scent was fantastic, it was such a fresh, cool scent. Makes you wonder why would they stop producing such a refreshing aftershave? Ok in US you guys have Aqua Velva, In some European countries they have Aqua Velva as well, but in the UK there is no refreshing blue aftershave available on highstreet(I'm talking about physical, conventional shopping like actually going in to a shop widely available throughout the UK and not internet shopping).
Well you do have plenty of wonderful products in the UK

I found it awfully hard to get a lather of any sorts.
I went through a tube almost 2 years back. I found it to be a reasonable journeyman type product without being outstanding. It did however take more product than average to get a lather (hard water). Possibly there is some variation between batches?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I went through a tube almost 2 years back. I found it to be a reasonable journeyman type product without being outstanding. It did however take more product than average to get a lather (hard water). Possibly there is some variation between batches?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
I think you might be on to something that has been reported that certain batches have been recalled in the past

I had the worst experience with this cream, very soft water here and I didn't find the Lathering capabilities very good and it certainly wasn't the brushless version, it also stung like f**k and burnt my face and the scent reminded me of some sort of cleaner..it didnt survive very long in my den

Back
Top Bottom