Courier Delivery

My second delivery has disappeared, the first was recorded as delivered but I was unable to contact the Courier. They don't have any email or phone contact. I got my money back from eBay but had to report the seller for fraud when they did nothing wrong. My current missing delivery is by DPD, this was again tracking and signed for. They have a signed for name, but it isn't mine and I don't recognise it. I have contacted DPD who have said escalate it to the seller in Portugal. This is so pathetic, they know it was signed for - who did they give it to? What did they do with it? It was delivered on refuse collection day, did a refuse collector take it? Who knows? :(

I don't want to log it with eBay as it is becoming too frequent an issue :oops:...

Does the seller have the right address.
Or has put the right address on the parcel
Yes, it's the correct address. They also have GPS that proofs he/she was here. The idiot just decided to give the package to a complete stranger like a numpty :(...

Oh right . That's a bit crap. so they gave it to somebody without knocking on your door. THe delivery driver is just an arse. Just keep claiming from ebay

DPD once left a parcel in my front garden without even putting a note through the door telling us. When we got our first mortgage the bank sent us a welcome hamper with wine and things in (we did not know it was being sent out). It was only by chance my wife saw it next to the hedge as we were going in. It was lucky as there is a bus stop outside the front of my house so anyone could have pinched it.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

I had that as well. Note through letterbox saying parcel in safe place, On fecking doorstep, to me not safe. I nearly phoned them up to say it had been stolen. I must be too honest, or a mug.:eek:

Last edited:
A couple of years ago i bought my wife the newest GHD straighteners for Christmas. £140 I think.

Yodel left me a card with "in a safe place" ticked but no other information. I knocked on both neighbours either side and checked both the front and back garden - they aren't very big gardens so I was stumped. Took the card in my wallet to call and complain from work the next day.

Put the green "household waste" bin out the following morning for collection, and I'm very glad i opened and checked it before leaving it and going to work.

There's a mountain bike that was scanned on to a delivery van at the start of the month, driver swears he made it to my house apparently but the bike never did, still ongoing with that one (TNT made the cockwomble list for that one)

According to the Police, if a delivery driver parks outside your home to record on his GPS that they visited your address, doesn't deliver a we missed you card, and records a successful delivery, and takes a shine to the item being delivered as be proven on YouTube videos. This is not theft or a criminal offence. I can't get my head around that, it's a civil matter as with trespass.

According to the Police, if a delivery driver parks outside your home to record on his GPS that they visited your address, doesn't deliver a we missed you card, and records a successful delivery, and takes a shine to the item being delivered as be proven on YouTube videos. This is not theft or a criminal offence. I can't get my head around that, it's a civil matter as with trespass.

Have to disagree. That is absolute cobblers. IF the circumstances are as described then it is theft , pure and simple. He has dishonestly appropriated property, belonging to another, with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it. Believe me. I am assuming there of course that 'takes a shine' refers to the fact that he keeps the parcel contents for himself?

No that cant be right.
Right that's it ,definitely going to be a delivery driver. I'm gonna deliver feck all. :D:D

I called my local Police 101 number and asked if I can make a claim of theft, and described the scenario above. They are adamant it is not covered by theft. Small claims we come :(. I just need to email the Director of Customer Services and the Seller, with the evidence.

Its because you have a contract with the seller not the courier, its a B2B issue between the seller & DPD. Its not yours as it was never delivered, so DPD is in breach of contract with the seller. So in short its not your problem its should be the sellers.
ebay should give you a refund or PayPal or your bank if the seller will not offer a refund.
If someone else walked by & nabbed the item that would be theft, but then you would have to rely on your home insurance for a claim.

I escalated to the seller, they say they have a signature - which isn't mine. They advised me to escalate to PayPal for buyer protection. PayPal says NO. I have left negative feedback, eBay have said I shouldn't have escalated to PayPal. They have advised me to contact my bank. From experience, Santander is useless. I wonder if I will get the refund, to remove the negative feedback?

Not tried with Santander but I have had to call the Co-op & Nationwide before. Never had this issue though, many other problem with couriers, including theft but never as a customer. It's definitely worth a try & I would move banks if they didn't offer a refund.

Back
Top Bottom