Crowne & Crane - Musique Nuit

Company: Crowne & Crane
Product: Musique Nuit (Night Music)

When the parcel arrived, it was filled to the brim with samples I took my time to examine each one and never reference the company's website or articles that might have reviewed it before me. We had a lot to choose from but I narrowed it down to two shaving soaps Tobacco Leaf and Musique Nuit. I do a lot of reviews on Tobacco shaving scents I even have few in my own line so I wanted to go with something different. Little did I realize that the shaving soap I picked for the video and article review was in fact for a woman. I have to tell you I really loved the scent and no matter what gender it was intended for the performance was great! I was thinking of redoing everything but that wouldn't be honest so I'm going with what I picked.

The packaging of Musique Nuit is a tissue paper like wrapping with labels in the front and back. The front label is a simple design with the product name and logo on the back the list of ingredients. I was very careful in removing the labels and that allowed me to place the puck back in its packaging again. I never know what to do with the pucks that I can't rewrap how many plastic tubs can you buy?

Nothing in the scent said to me this soap was intended for a woman. A take on Dolce & Gabbana Light blue a modern Italian scent. To give you an idea of what I experienced here is the scent profile from the website. You can see it does have something for both men and woman. Top notes of Granny Smith apples, Sicilian citron and blue bells. Underneath, notes of jasmine, bamboo, and white rose on a base of sandalwood, amber, and musk. Ingredients: potassium stearate, sodium stearate, aloe vera juice, potassium cocoate, sodium cocoate, potassium shea butterate, sodium shea butterate, fragrance, glycerin, sodium lactate, tussah silk mica

I usually bowl lather and had no issues doing so with this one. The soap was a little thirsty and during the lathering, the scent was gaining in strength and at the end, I had so much lather on my brush I could hardly see the handle. During the shave, the slickness and glide allowed me to go over trouble spots without the irritation of any kind. The post shave feel was very good and I had a very close shave.

So, I had a great shave with Musique Nuit and regardless of whom it was intended for the performance was outstanding and would recommend it for men but if you have a hard time ordering a woman's shaving soap for yourself try the Tobacco Leaf its scent was also one of my top choices. No matter which one you pick don't let any of this pass you by.

Company: Crowne & Crane
Product: Musique Nuit (Night Music) $14.95

musique-nuit.jpg lather2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom