Cut Grass smell?

Right, this may just apply to me and it may sound a bit strange but recently a couple of scents I've tried on bed in to a strong 'cut grass'-ish smell. It tends to stick close to the skin but it happened yesterday with the JPG copy and again today with the Penhaligon's Sartorial. It's quite tarte/sharp to the nose - looking at their profiles I can only really attribute it to amber, with some exacerbation from the metallic notes with respect to the Penhaligon's offering.

Funnily, this doesn't usually happen, but seems to have a couple of times recently! It also seems to be happening on my wrists more than anywhere else... How bizarre!

Does anyone else have similar experiences with anything? Or does your dry-down result in a specific scent more than others?

I'd imagine that is the case, O' Johnny Boy O! It's an interesting smell. Obviously more prevalent the closer to the skin I whap my 'schnoz'. In that respect, I think Sartorial is better on clothing than on skin, at least for me!

Not to mention cis-3-hexenyl acetate and cis-3-hexenal! :p It could be cheap tonka type frags that are higher in coumarin and hence stay on the skin longer or project more, but I couldn't tell you for certain!

Back
Top Bottom