Dash cams..........

Hi mate

Get on YouTube and search for a channel called TechMoan, great stuff about audio visual stuff both new and old but he also does loads of Dashcam reviews. You'll definitely find one from there that fits your needs

Take care!

Mark

Mainly for evidence in the event of an accident. Unfortunately we now live in an "Where there's blame there's a claim" society and there are people out there that orchestrate accidents to look like you are in the wrong. A recent one being flashing you out at a junction and then ploughing into you broadside "He flashed me out officer"..."No I didn't you just pulled out in front of me".

Only last night we went to a memorial for a local chap who had been killed in a knife attack, as we drove down the road a school lad on a bicycle came straight out in front of the car in front of us, the lad never looked, never stopped and literally I don't know how the girl driving the car stopped without hitting him. If she did I'm sure it would have looked worse on driver rather than the kid if there where no witnesses or video footage.

Some insurance companies will also give you a discount if one is fitted.

There are some drivers which won't like to have one as they generally drive like arseholes up the M6 in the 3rd line flashing their lights to get past everyone because they are quiet obviously more important that the rest of us and their reaction times are so good that they can drive 3 inches off your bumper.

Even if they do have them then at least the emergency services will have an idea of what happened after they've first scrapped them off the windscreen with a small putty knife.

EDIT:
Depending on which cam you get, most only record when you start the car but others record continuously. I recall earlier this year a guy parked his Aston Martin up and the cam was recording and they caught a guy keying the car. Police viewed the footage and got him.

Last edited:
Fair enough, I drive far less than I used to, this is just another example of how some changes in the world are just passing me by, thanks for the explanation with no sarcasm.
NP mate. I used to drive a ton for work. Far north as Shetland and South as Jersey (and lots inbetween).

I won't be unique in saying that I've seen some horrendous examples of drivers out there, normally those rushing or are the "big I am".

I don't like painting people by the car they drive EG "It's always BMW and Audi drivers" because it's not, and it's not always "young lads tear arsing about" or "bloody women" or "white van man".

You can get a decent dash-cam for under £30 and even if you only potter about locally they're worth the money. You're better never needing it than wishing you had one!

I've done the £30 dashcam off ebay route and reliability can be an issue so now i have a Transcend DP-200. Works really well and is small and neat for a 1080p dashcam.
I did the Ebay '£20' route (inc free P&P!) LOL Had it for nearly 2years now, and had awful problems at first all due to me using a cheap unbranded memory card. Once I ponied up for a branded one, it has worked flawlessly ever since...

I did the Ebay '£20' route (inc free P&P!) LOL Had it for nearly 2years now, and had awful problems at first all due to me using a cheap unbranded memory card. Once I ponied up for a branded one, it has worked flawlessly ever since...

The one I had turned out not to have the capacitor properly soldered in. Fixed it and sold it to a friend.

Back
Top Bottom