This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DE Blade in an Injector

Discussion in 'Single Edge (SE) Razors & Blades' started by Bogeyman, Wednesday May 16, 2018.

1. Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Decent video showing as good as any process. I did this once with a G Model Schick and although the thinner blade flexed some and was very audible during usage, the shave was great. YMMV.

Blademonkey and Mbarn like this.
  2. Sabre

Sabre

I am sorry but life is too short, I prefer the rigid thicker blades or as Cary Grant said " I prefer the clean sweep of the tempered steel".

3. Aaron1983

Aaron1983

I dont see the point of this......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabre likes this.
  4. The point is experimentation and the curious mind, I have done this using a Supply razor and with great sucsess and with a little tinkering to reduce the flex in the blade it got even better. If you ever ran out of injector blades you could if you have a mind to, get around the problem by adapting a DE blade and still shave with your injector razor. Who came up with the idea that you could use a injector blade in a Gem Micro-Matic razor instead of a Gem blade? Someone with a curious mind and a little experimentation. :) P.

jimmyc likes this.
  5. Aaron1983

Aaron1983

Lol, each to their own....but i would never be in that situation where i ran out of blades, and I’m pretty sure nobody on this forum have run out of blades. Everyone is well stocked up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. riverrun

riverrun

I'm more interested in how to use one or two injector blades in a DE razor... :p

7. Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Because as well there is a far greater selection of DE blades.

Blademonkey likes this.
  8. riverrun

riverrun

But they are so flimsy... give me a nice rigid SE blade any day. :rolleyes:

mpf9ret and Aaron1983 like this.
  9. LOL! As I said, if you have a mind to......

Last edited: Friday May 18, 2018 at 03:24
    Bogeyman and Aaron1983 like this.
  10. Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Yes, but when you put the razor to your face you never notice it. However, if you're shaving your legs then I can't help you. :rolleyes: :D

jimmyc likes this.
  11. neilwf

neilwf

It's an interesting experiment, perhaps not one I would try myself, but it's good to know it can be done.

Blademonkey likes this.
  12. Sabre

Sabre

It must be great to have the imagination to pick up a vegetable peeler, and think "Could I shave with this?":)

To claim windmills are giants is madness, but to say they might be giants is the wellspring of human imagination...

13. Steve

Steve

It appeals to my "Curious" (being generous to myself) mind and I will have to give it a go, even tho I have several u=hundered different blades,

Blademonkey likes this.