DE Shaving

Out of curiosity do you guys use two razors while shaving? E.G

First pass with an aggressive razor then revert back to a milder razor for 2nd or 3rd pass?
I'm waiting for a Fatip Piccolo to arrive and I'm going to give that a go, third pass and pick-ups with my 34c.
Good idea?......answers on a postcard or the back of a sealed-down envelope please.

I only use two razors in one of two situations:
  • I want to compare two razors, one of them usually a pass around razor. In that case I use one on the left side and one on the right side.
  • I attempt a straight shave. In that case I only do one WTG pass with the straight and then do the remaining passes with an SE or DE razor. One of these days I'll be proficient enough with a straight to stop this nonsense.
Other than that: No. But: if it works for you, then do it.

I cant see me using two tbh I will just reduce the number of passes.
If you use the lightest of touch with your razor, no pressure at all you will find you have no need to take two razors in to the bathroom with you. If the Against the grain pass is causing trouble just go with one with the grain pass and two across the grain passes ( from different directions) ie nose to ear then ear to nose. :)

Excellent advice.....I watched that Executive Shaving video, which was very good, in my opinion, and he used a different one for a final pass, I thought it might have been a common practice, but I've never seen it previously and using your "adjustable", analogy,.....it's probably superfluous.

Excellent advice.....I watched that Executive Shaving video, which was very good, in my opinion, and he used a different one for a final pass, I thought it might have been a common practice, but I've never seen it previously and using your "adjustable", analogy,.....it's probably superfluous.
Really? I shall have to watch it again. I've no idea why he would do that! :)

I do sometimes, but not to switch between aggressive and less so (or vice versa).

I usually have a DE and an SE (Schick, Hawk, General, Mongoose, Rocnel, PAL etc.) on the go at the same time. I always ditch a DE blade after 3 uses, but the SE ones last much longer, and I get bored using those till they blunt (8 or more uses, normally). So I feel that I ought to use the SE occasionally in between times, and pick it up either before or after a DE pass.

It's amusement, rather than "technique". Sad, really.

If memory serves, he used a Braveheart and EJ89......
Just watched the video and he does indeed use two razors stating that the braveheart razor is quite agressive so for the final pass he used a EJ ,now what you have to remember is that this video is aimed at new wet shavers only and maybe he thinks that you as a new DE shaver have not the control to use a light ..no pressure method of shaving or if I was cynical I may say he was trying to sell you two razors and not one!!!!! :) you decide....but if it works for you, it's all good. :)

Just watched the video and he does indeed use two razors stating that the braveheart razor is quite agressive so for the final pass he used a EJ ,now what you have to remember is that this video is aimed at new wet shavers only and maybe he thinks that you as a new DE shaver have not the control to use a light ..no pressure method of shaving or if I was cynical I may say he was trying to sell you two razors and not one!!!!! :) you decide....but if it works for you, it's all good. :)
For sure mate,....waiting on a Piccolo to be delivered,so will enjoy experimenting when it arrives.

Back
Top Bottom