Disposable razors ££££ Straight Razor save ££££££

blades3.jpg blades4.jpg blades.jpg Ok
So who came up with the bright idea that Straight Razor Wet Saving was cheaper in the long term than disposables, I think it was a straight Razor Restorer or Honer, Simples.

Can this be healthy after 4 short months. The picture is hiding the draw with 19 SR's and then the box of wrapped 98 SR's going to my Honer or the 20 he already has and no i'm not lying. Best is I still can't have a shave without slicing my face but boy I'm having FUN.

View attachment 24048 View attachment 24049 View attachment 24050 Ok
So who came up with the bright idea that Straight Razor Wet Saving was cheaper in the long term than disposables, I think it was a straight Razor Restorer or Honer, Simples.

Can this be healthy after 4 short months. The picture is hiding the draw with 19 SR's and then the box of wrapped 98 SR's going to my Honer or the 20 he already has and no i'm not lying. Best is I still can't have a shave without slicing my face but boy I'm having FUN.
So what's the problem? If your having fun carry on my son! :) There are more expensive things you could be doing :)

So what's the problem? If your having fun carry on my son! :)
That's Just the problem, I can't stop but how many razors can one man use? Problem is each is individual because they are all minus say 6, SH so have been looked after in different ways and lovingly restored by my friendly honer.Am i obsessed or is it an obsession? Or maybe a possession, i could be possessed lmao

That's Just the problem, I can't stop but how many razors can one man use? Problem is each is individual because they are all minus say 6, SH so have been looked after in different ways and lovingly restored by my friendly honer.Am i obsessed or is it an obsession? Or maybe a possession, i could be possessed lmao
It's probably just an obsession but I don't think you have OCD because everything is mixed together and not sorted into brushes, razors, soaps creams, ect......now that would drive me mad!! :)

View attachment 24048 View attachment 24049 View attachment 24050 Ok

What can I say? You have jumped in with two feet, and everything else.:) If I'm honest this is the wrong place to try to curve your buying of shaving stuff.

Are you having so much fun buying shaving stuff or shaving? :D I think I can guess which one it is :)

I went through a phase where I wanted to buy everything that other people were buying. There always is somebody with the best razor or brush "ever" and I wanted to have one too I thought I was persuing the best shave ever but deep down I was enjoying buying the stuff more, stuff I didn't need anyway because they were not making my shaving any better nor easier.

I have recently started straight razor shaving and I have only two decent razors and that is plenty for what I need. I'm focusing on the technique. One day, when I'm ready, I will reward myself with a beauty.

Good luck and welcome to TSR ;)

What can I say? You have jumped in with two feet, and everything else.:) If I'm honest this is the wrong place to try to curve your buying of shaving stuff.

Are you having so much fun buying shaving stuff or shaving? :D I think I can guess which one it is :)

I went through a phase where I wanted to buy everything that other people were buying. There always is somebody with the best razor or brush "ever" and I wanted to have one too I thought I was persuing the best shave ever but deep down I was enjoying buying the stuff more, stuff I didn't need anyway because they were not making my shaving any better nor easier.

I have recently started straight razor shaving and I have only two decent razors and that is plenty for what I need. I'm focusing on the technique. One day, when I'm ready, I will reward myself with a beauty.

Good luck and welcome to TSR ;)

Oops yes your 95% correct, I LOVE Shopping and trying to find a bargain. No I'm not one for keeping up with or bettering the Smiths. So far personally I have my favorite razor to use, a simple little Taylor Witness just short of 5/8. The magpie affect is more a mission, rescuing them, sending them away in a sorry state and having them returned like shiny new items to be loved and cherished. Even the creams and soaps not including the OSP are all bargains from EBay to try as you say because others swear by them. To me OSP is to die for but I keep coming back to the good old reliable Proraso. It appears I'm a man of simple tastes. Thank you for the kind welcome.

SR shaving saves a flipping fortune over the cost of cartridges. Here is how it works.
1. Buy a good vintage Sheffield or Solingen SR. Cost around £ 20-30
2. Get it honed. Cost around £15
3. Buy a Palmolive stick and boar brush. cost around £10.00
Buy a strop or piece of bridal leather from Ebay. Cost about £10. Total for years of shaving with occasional refresh around £70.
The rest is just us as humans buying for the sake of it to own shiny things and that my friend is the lovely part of the hobby. Sod the £70.00. Get out there and buy shiny stuff and enjoy every bloody second of it. You are a long time dead. :D

SR shaving saves a flipping fortune over the cost of cartridges. Here is how it works.
1. Buy a good vintage Sheffield or Solingen SR. Cost around £ 20-30
2. Get it honed. Cost around £15
3. Buy a Palmolive stick and boar brush. cost around £10.00
Buy a strop or piece of bridal leather from Ebay. Cost about £10. Total for years of shaving with occasional refresh around £70.
The rest is just us as humans buying for the sake of it to own shiny things and that my friend is the lovely part of the hobby. Sod the £70.00. Get out there and buy shiny stuff and enjoy every bloody second of it. You are a long time dead. :D

That's my kind of thinking

Back
Top Bottom