This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you drink out?

Discussion in 'Food and Drink Talk' started by Sabre, Wednesday April 18, 2018.

1. Sabre

Sabre

I usually drink soft drinks when out, apart from date night when we end up having 2 for 1 cocktails. I am not a real ale fan or a wine snob, strangely as I am WSET qualified. I couldn't believe I was being charged £4.50 :mad: for a bottle of Corona earlier in the week.

Blademonkey likes this.
  2. It was vintage Corona though, the brand stropped trading in the late 1990s, what flavour was it? :) P.

3. Sabre

Sabre

Sadly it wasn't Cherryade but the Mexican beer that requires a slice of lime.

Blademonkey likes this.
  4. nick_s

nick_s Moderator Staff Member

I do. I am a huge real ale/craft beer fan (and avid CAMRA member), so frequent local drinking establishments to quaff some rather fine beer.

We have a couple of craft vendors in Stoke-on-Trent (Bottlecraft and Otters Tears), both operate a small bar and take away option, and a few really nice pubs offering craft beer and real ale aplenty (London Road Ale House and Bridge Street Ale House). We're spoiled, and I love it, even though it does cost me more than a trip to say Wetherspoons.

5. Apart from wine, I always drink out... Not having a bottle of Islay malt whisky at home is good for me...:D

6. Miles Teg

Miles Teg

Small world, I was in the Bridge on Wednesday night. It's refreshing to go in somewhere where you can have a decent conversation but still has a welcoming atmosphere. Too many pubs have gone down the piped music and microwaved pies route for me. God I'm getting old......

nick_s likes this.
  7. Sabre

Sabre

Hoegaarden £3.50 a bottle - 250ml tonight, still seems high. I knew I should have gone for the Cristal :).

8. nick_s

nick_s Moderator Staff Member

Aye it is indeed buddy! I don't get down to the Bridge as often as I'd like, but as and when I can, I get in there (and the Hop Inn and Greyhound whilst I'm down that way).

I spent another small fortune in Otters Tears on Friday, I came away with these (in duplicate for some, with some not photographed as they were not new beers to try, plus some more glassware):

upload_2018-4-22_13-47-33.png