Doctor Who.

I guess most of each episode will be spent watching her do the cleaning and the ironing before spending a few mins saving the world

And once she does, won't we know about how difficult it was, especially in those shoes.

And God help the Daleks\Cybermen\Any other baddie if they happen to cross her during that special time of the month.

(She is quite attractive though)

It's not that they've made the time lord a woman that pisses me off ..... It's that they did it to pander to diversity; not because it was a storyline to be explored. The last two seasons with Capaldi had put Dr Who on probation with me ...... Storylines were lacking in conviction and Capaldi just didn't look arsed in the slightest. At least the sight of Jenna Coleman could lighten the ennui.

But this new turn? ........ I think it's time I found a new book to read on Saturday evenings ..........

I'm going with 'yes'. She was great in Broadchurch and apparently has a lot of stage experience acting Shakespeare and whatnot so should be in the same ballpark as Tennant in terms of prior experience.

She was also quite good in 'Attack the Block' - though it is a strange, satirical film.

Does this mean there'll be a female companion still or will that too transition to the 'opposite' gender?

I don't see how gender comes into, a TV show sinks or swims on the quality of the script, acting, production and direction.
As she's a good actor and all the other factors have been of a very good standard. I look forward to the new series, as I always do, with great expectations.

I don't see how gender comes into, a TV show sinks or swims on the quality of the script, acting, production and direction.
As she's a good actor and all the other factors have been of a very good standard. I look forward to the new series, as I always do, with great expectations.
I'd say usually you're absolutely bang-on. Gender, for the most part, doesn't play a part. It's going against the grain (see what I did there? ;) ) casting a female actor in a role which has always cast a white, male actor. I'm looking forward to this changing of the guard. It's a big move forward for the show in my opinion. Next we know, we'll be having a black Bond and whatnot. It's really accepting diversity and that is a breath of fresh air, in my personal opinion.
Steve Moffat has done a respectable job taking over from Russell T Davies, the writing has been good. I wasn't a huge fan of Capaldi as the Dr, but then again I can't shake the image of him acting as Malcolm Tucker in The Thick Of It.

Onwards and upwards I say!

I'd say usually you're absolutely bang-on. Gender, for the most part, doesn't play a part. It's going against the grain (see what I did there? ;) ) casting a female actor in a role which has always cast a white, male actor. I'm looking forward to this changing of the guard. It's a big move forward for the show in my opinion. Next we know, we'll be having a black Bond and whatnot. It's really accepting diversity and that is a breath of fresh air, in my personal opinion.
Steve Moffat has done a respectable job taking over from Russell T Davies, the writing has been good. I wasn't a huge fan of Capaldi as the Dr, but then again I can't shake the image of him acting as Malcolm Tucker in The Thick Of It.

Onwards and upwards I say!
I agree with most of what you say, but I liked Capaldi, but what do I know, my favourite of the new lot is Eccleston.
A black Dr., I'd have no problems with, but a black Bond, come on!
He'd spend half the film trying to get through US customs, and if he had to go to Russia, enough said :)

I agree with most of what you say, but I liked Capaldi, but what do I know, my favourite of the new lot is Eccleston.
A black Dr., I'd have no problems with, but a black Bond, come on!
He'd spend half the film trying to get through US customs, and if he had to go to Russia, enough said :)

A black James Bond would be shot dead in his Aston Martin by the police before he'd get to do anything.

Back
Top Bottom