Dove Men+Care Pro Moisture Sensitive Shave Cream

Another brushless one:

I don't expect brushless creams to match products designed to be used with a brush. Partly this is because I know I'm not going to be able to do the same number of passes, but the brush adds something too.

That said, I was pretty impressed with this. Slickness was good enough to prevent me picking up nicks (I don't think I'm any less gung-ho with brushless products), with a splash of water allowing me several passes. This meant I could work on problem areas to get the desired result.

Post shave feel was a bit of a let down, as it failed to provide a soft or moisturised finish. The fragrance — which seems to match some aftershave balm I have, so I assume is common to their range — was pretty weak and insipid. It won't offend, but it won't be creating any zealots either.

The price point is good, and being available in supermarkets means anyone should be able to pick it up. For me that puts it ahead of the likes of Kiehl's, while the consistency meant I didn't need to use as much as the Boots' cream. Although the latter had a better fragrance.

If you want something that lets you shave without worrying too much about the ritual, this does the job. It won't provide the same luxury as a traditional shave, but beats canned goo and bettered my expectations.

Full review here.

Back
Top Bottom