This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dropped Ikon 102

Discussion in 'Restoration Workshop' started by zad, Saturday November 25, 2017.

1. zad

zad

evening,

I stupidly dropped my 102 tonight while getting something out of my cupboard, I had left the handle on as well so it broke clean on the thread...

Can this be repaired ?

Attached Files:

2. Hi
    I doubt it. With it being so inexpensive to buy the head I'd bite the bullet and just buy a new one.

Blademonkey likes this.
  3. YMMV

YMMV

Yep, I think too that your best bet is to buy another one if possible

Blademonkey likes this.
  4. Massdrop are doing the 102 slant for $44 (ish). Gets cheaper as more join the drop.
    You can pay that much just for the head, so may as well buy a complete unit (sort of gives you a free handle if you see what I mean).

Blademonkey likes this.
  5. SeanC

SeanC

Although it's theoretically possible to fuse the pieces together with epoxy, aligning them correctly would be extremely difficult as would ensuring that no seepage gets on to the thread. Unfortunately therefore the recycling bin is the only realistic option.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

6. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC

[​IMG]

DiggaDog likes this.
  7. zad

zad

:( ended up buying a new head, also sent Ikon an email asking if I could buy a couple of caps and got nothing back from them!! sure its an oversight lol

DiggaDog likes this.