Ebay seller viliok from Bulgaria

Hi folks, I'm about ready to take a plunge on my first razor and have been looking at the shave ready options from this seller on eBay as they seem to fit the bill as being in my budget (around £50), and vintage in nature plus shave ready (as seems to be the best advice from what I can gather).
My questions are does anybody have any knowledge/experience of the quality of this sellers work and are there other options I should consider too please?

Cheers

I would recommend this seller on eBay.He has been restoring straight razors for decades & has a top drawer reputation for his work.He sells both vintage & new.Just type in shave ready straight razors or his user I.d~ billyji1

Seconded billyji1 - I had a Niazi 1908 Solingen razor from him. She's a great shaver straight from Billy and equally as good (if not better) after being honed by @Fergiebilly (I dinged it against the tap...). If you get in touch with him directly you can source something to your liking and it's usually very reasonable including postage!

SOTD1_zpsw8slyviq.jpg

Alternatively, have a look at mlys7884 - he tends to have some very good examples of USSR Straight Razors available pretty cheaply, even including postage. Have them sent to a honemeister and you have a good example for less than £50. I had this done for a 1980's Vostok SR. Had it sent directly to Fergiebilly to hone and job was a good'un! Tracking is included as well so you can keep an eye on its whereabouts.

DSC_0082_01_zpsxspl7blw.jpg

Photos attached so you can have an idea of the condition of the respective razors. They came to less than £90 total.

Back
Top Bottom