Economics of Single Edge - GEM, AC, injectors?

Can you guys help establish the economics of shaving with the three main SE types? In terms of blades shipping inside or to the UK, I'm getting this. All prices to include shipping. :

Artist Club: Proline P-30 from Rakuten. For 60 (2 packs) I paid £16.54 total, so price per blade = £0.28
GEM PTFE: from Connaught price per blade 50 = £0.28, 100 = £0.18

Injectors:
Proline B-20 "Chic Babies" off Rakuten. For 40 (2 packs) per blade around £0.30 BUT not in an injector dispenser
Schick Chinese green pack £5 ea off Rakuten 2x10 = per blade £1.19
Personna off eBay 20 = per blade £0.45

I'm really struggling to find good prices to UK for Schick injector blades. US sellers on Amazon.com I've looked at don't deliver to UK. I may be missing something here. The Proline have to be preloaded in injectors, plus the ends of the blade edge are rounded meaning they sit slightly too far forwards and become more aggressive on various razor models. From what I read Prolines and Schick Chinese are better than Personna, and there may be little point in investing in injectors just to use Personnas.

Please correct any information above. From what I see, Artist Club or GEM razors are pretty much equally economical to run, though clearly less so than DE. Injectors, unless anyone can point to a solution, are problematic in terms of blade economy.

Great - thanks for that. So $20.47 for 28 blades = £15.76 plus £3.67 economy ship gives us £0.69 per blade. It's over double AC and GEM blades but at least it's available.

Back
Top Bottom