Edwin Jagger Limes & Pomegranate Premium Shaving Cream

I got a sample of this in my (unique) advent calendar:

Edwin Jagger have been around since the late eighties and are well known in the wet shave community. I'd heard good things about their creams so was eager to try it.

Fragrance-wise, it ticked the boxes. I picked this one of the various samples I have as it has two of my favourite scents and it doesn't disappoint in terms of packing a punch. At least to start with it does, but I found during my shaves it quickly disappeared. Good while it lasts though.

Performance was generally quite impressive, offering nice slickness and protection, but post shave feel was a little wayward. That could be down to the balm though (for two of my shaves I actually used the accompanying balm). I was able to get good results too, even when I felt I had to work the lather quite hard.

I will say that it required more product to get a good lather than most of the creams I have encountered, where an amount that would have served with those didn't stretch as far with this.

It's not the cheapest cream, but it's far from expensive. While offering perfectly good value I don't think it's the best value cream I've used — based on performance.

I'm not sure I'd class this as a premium cream, despite the name, but it's a perfectly good one. It just didn't offer up enough to make it stand out.

Full review here.

Back
Top Bottom