Edwin Jagger

For the past few months I have used the Rocca. This gives a super close shave with no irritation but you do feel it cutting 6our beard . I decided to shave again with my EJ and wow, I'd forgotten how this razor gives such a comfortable shave ! Maybe I have a better technique, or maybe the wonderful Saponificio cream I now use, but it is no wonder this razor is recommended for beginners.

The Edwin Jagger is one of those great razors that is taken for granted. Affordable, readily available and mistakenly called a beginner's razor. I have tough, dense, old man whiskers and yet get a BBS shave every time I use it. When I first started D.E. shaving 4 years ago, I fell into the trap of buying more and more razors. With experience, I now find that this is the perfect razor. This was the first razor I used. It is now the only razor I use.

The Edwin Jagger is one of those great razors that is taken for granted. Affordable, readily available and mistakenly called a beginner's razor. I have tough, dense, old man whiskers and yet get a BBS shave every time I use it. When I first started D.E. shaving 4 years ago, I fell into the trap of buying more and more razors. With experience, I now find that this is the perfect razor. This was the first razor I used. It is now the only razor I use.
Very interesting reply. Similarly, having been wet-shaving for 5 years, I've gone pretty much full circle and now using what are considered to be less efficient/aggressive razors. I sold my first razor, a DE89. Regret, now looking at getting another :rolleyes:

After falling out of love with a Rocca I went back to an R89 (same as the EJ I think) and never looked back.........until I discovered the Timeless.

Overall though I could happily live with an 89 as my only razor and would be very happy to give it a vote as the best 'do it all' I have met to date......except I am never really happy I guess.