El Jefe SE razor

Long in the making it seems like the El Jefe razor by iKon will finally make its debut shortly onto a possibly oversaturated AC-style SE razor stage.

Does the wet shaving world have the interest - and wallets - to support yet another player in this increasingly crowded space?

I guess we'll find out in shortly as the latest is that the El Jefe will be released in October and UK buyers are rumored to be able to get their fill from vendors like Connaught in early November.

Are you getting one?

Razor specs
Maker: iKon
Material: Aluminium
Manufacturing: CNC Machined (to be confirmed)
Blades: AC SE type
Availability: Late October-Early Nov
First batch: 2,000+ units
Price: Approx $45 / £36 (head only)

Photos from the internet:

jefe1_zpssbobbs8o.jpg

jefe2_zpstijtd43e.jpg

jefe4_zpskm9l81hc.jpg

jefe3_zpstz5zseht.jpg

jefe5_zpskjcxvhj2.jpg

jefe7_zpseydkst6i.jpg

jefe6_zps7ninokfx.jpg

Last edited:
Long in the making it seems like the El Jefe razor by iKon will finally make its debut shortly onto a possibly oversaturated AC-style SE razor stage.

Does the wet shaving world have the interest - and wallets - to support yet another player in this increasingly crowded space?

I guess we'll find out in shortly as the latest is that the El Jefe will be released in October and UK buyers are rumored to be able to get their fill from vendors like Connaught in early November.
Note: Unconfirmed rumors has it that you can actually 'reserve' one of them at Connaught even now before the release.

Are you getting one?

Razor specs

jefe1_zpssbobbs8o.jpg

jefe2_zpstijtd43e.jpg

jefe4_zpskm9l81hc.jpg

jefe3_zpstz5zseht.jpg

jefe5_zpskjcxvhj2.jpg

jefe7_zpseydkst6i.jpg

jefe6_zps7ninokfx.jpg
It looks really sleek, I like it and a good price. Yes I may well get one of these. Thanks for the heads up!

Note: Unconfirmed rumors has it that you can actually 'reserve' one of them at Connaught even now before the release.

Are you getting one?

Razor specs

jefe1_zpssbobbs8o.jpg

jefe2_zpstijtd43e.jpg

jefe4_zpskm9l81hc.jpg

jefe3_zpstz5zseht.jpg

jefe5_zpskjcxvhj2.jpg

jefe7_zpseydkst6i.jpg

jefe6_zps7ninokfx.jpg
Connoughs have got back to me, no pre order but should be in stock one to two weeks.

Yes, El Jefe is late to market when you consider that all the other major producers of Feather AC safety razors already released their products (except for the Occam). The head design is domed like the design of a lot of the others - ATT, ES, Colonial (don't know where the Rocnel fits), but it definitely looks more efficient and the price point puts it on the lower end of the lower cost aluminum razors with just the RR Hawk being lower. It would be about the same price as the Colonial after you add on a handle and still way lower than the Alumigoose or Claymore (which is stainless steel). Given the Ikon name and coming off the success of the X3, I say folks (including me) will definitely be getting one. I been waiting for this almost as long as the RX and the Wunderbar.

Greetings

It certainly looks ok and the price is reasonable sensible and realistic but as you rightly point out the market is full of the bloody things, every man and his dog has either designed and marketed one; has one in the design stage or is considering designing one. I am lost as to why as yet there still remains no new SE razor to take a standard SE blade, I am sure the design would be no more and probably less taxing than building a razor for the artists club type blades.

Is it the case that it is me who is wrong and because of my liking for the less sharp standard SE blades and my dislike of the artists club blades I think there would be a real market for such a razor when in fact there would not be?

I suppose that making an 'ordinary' SE razor taking GEM blades does require a fresh start whereas with the current rash of offerings it would appear to this lay mans eye that the job is at least half done when you can take the Mongoose and tweek it a bit, or is that being too unkind. Likewise with 'ordinary' SE's there are plenty of good models to draw inspiration from, dozens and dozens in fact.

Anyway El Jefe (if I wanted an artists club bladed SE which I don't) looks the best bet so far because it's priced like a razor and not a Rolex watch :rolleyes:, even if it is (in my eyes) an ugly old bugger!

Regards
Dick.

Back
Top Bottom