This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Erasmic Boar Brush

Discussion in 'Shaving Brushes' started by Hogwash, Monday November 13, 2017.

1. Hogwash

Hogwash

I came across this cheap brush in Savers for only three quid. Design looks like an Omega 49 but dimensions are smaller.

Anyone used it? Threads from a few years ago mentioned knots falling apart, perhaps unsurprising at this price point. Or could this be a cheap travel option?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

2. Bit of a waste of money really. How much is a little synthetic Yaqi? Seven or eight quid, I think.

SeanC likes this.
  3. Don't bother because it is not a good brush, I had one and kept loosing hair all the time(it may be a Monday morning job or my luck). it is not good quality.
    If you want a small boar brush for travel, I suggest Omega or a Turkish made boar brush.

SeanC likes this.
  4. Why oh why in this day and age the British high street when it comes to shaving brush every man should have , they stock these cheap boar tat (yes Wilki i am looking at you!). They can sell a well made Chinese synth for a similar price so its not a question of price. Rant end.

Eeyore68 and SeanC like this.
  5. MrK1

MrK1

Bought one, ripped the knot out without using it, sprayed it black and set a 24mm Vie Long 2 band badger knot in it.

My first brush re-knot.
    Wasn't expecting the handle to last very long.

Not the best looking brush, but 2 years on and it's still going strong and in regular rotation - it does its job very well, no reason to change the handle.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Tuesday November 14, 2017
    Palmolive fox likes this.