Closed European pass-around: Bunny V3

Thanks to the generosity of Tom @twhite510 I can offer a pass around of his Bunny razor. While @riverrun 's pass around concentrates on the UK, this one will be open to all other European members.

BunnyRazor.jpg

You can find out about the razor here and here.
The pass around is for continental Europe members only. If you are outside the UK or continental Europe, please go to The Shave Den. They'll have pass arounds for other regions.
Here are the rules Tom wants us to follow:

----------

How to Sign Up:
Experienced injector users will get the Bunny first but all casual shavers willing to provide feedback are welcome and are encouraged to join in. You meet the definition of an experienced injector user if you regularly shave with a variety of injectors and are capable of describing distinctions between injector shaves. If this is you, please send me a PM by the end of Monday the 22nd. If you wouldn't put yourself in that category, please sign up when the sign up list is posted here on Tuesday the 23rd.

Experienced injector users come first for this pass-around. This will serve several important functions.
  1. They will already have the required blades to start the shave.
  2. They will be more in tune with how injectors perform. Therefore will be able to give a comparative feedback of how it stacks up against other injectors.
Once the Pros have had a go with the razor, the more casual users will get them. This too will provide @twhite510 with a different type of valuable feedback.

Here is all I request. You give an honest feedback on how the razor looks and performs for you. If you have any suggestions please feel free to pass that along to us. Obviously post the review on the forum. Please tell us how much previous experience with injector razors you have had.

Now to the other things.

You are responsible for the razor from the time you receive it until the time the next person signs for it. I think 10 days with the razor is a fair time to use it.

When you receive the razor there will be a blade in it. It will be a used blade from the previous person. As loading a blade into an injector without a blade is a pain.

When you receive the razor clean it and put a new blade in of your choosing. I will highly recommend for your first shave to use the medium comb (NOTSO) Pick the blade you are most familiar and comfortable with. If you are unsure use the Chinese Schick (Chick). After the first shave please experiment as you see fit.

If you find you do not like shaving with it - no hard feelings. Really. But please send it on sooner to make the wait shorter for your fellow shave fanatics.

Please post comments about your shaves. What works well, what would you change about the Bunny, and what you don't like are all useful comments. Any and all ideas are welcome.

When you are done using the razor and are ready to pass on, please clean the razor up. Nobody really likes handling a dirty razor. Please DO NOT REMOVE THE BLADE!

It is your responsibility to contact the next person in line for their address and to mail it to them in a box – not an envelope. Please be sure it is insured for € 50 as you are responsible for the razor from the time you receive it until the time the next person receives it. Also you must PM the tracking number to me and the next person in line.

When shipping please use a method that will require a signature when receiving. That will protect you from being on the hook for a lost razor. After you receive the razor please let us know that you received it with a post on the thread.

As this is a shaving forum activity we want to accommodate all who want to try them. After all that is part of the fun. We do not know how many want to have a try with them. If there are a lot it may take a while to get to you. We hope you will understand.

Lets have some fun and enjoy the ride.

Mike

----------

I'll order the list, based on user experience as Tom requested.
Please state your injector experience when joining the list.

Who is up for this exciting opportunity? Experienced users, please send me a PM by the end of Monday the 22nd. If you wouldn't put yourself in that category, please sign up when the sign up list is posted here on Tuesday the 23rd.

Faithfully,
Your European Bunny Rep :D

Last edited:
I hope you're not only doing the non UK pass around on a UK forum, @Macaronus If there are other forums involved, a list of links might be useful. I could spread the word on two German forums if required..
Since I'm member on here and on The Shave Den, this is where it starts. I'm thinking about opening a European Tour thread on TSD as well, for the Europe based Denizens. I'm member on a Dutch shaving forum also, but that's all. I don't know how @twhite510 feels about people from other fori (plural of forum ;)) joining in or how crowded the UK tour is. If the UK tour is starting to get too long, I could take over some applicants to shorten their waiting period. :)

The Oxford English Dictionary claims that both plural forms are possible. Interestingly the Cambridge English Dictionary claims that forum can have several meanings:

1. noun (plural forums)
....​
An Internet site where users can post comments about a particular issue or topic and reply to other users' postings; a message board.​
2. ....
3. noun (plural fora)
(In an ancient Roman city) a public square or marketplace used for judicial and other business.​

Interesting, but nothing more.

I'll amend then:
1. noun (plural forums)
A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.​
An Internet site where users can post comments about a particular issue or topic and reply to other users' postings; a message board.​
2. ....
3. noun (plural fora)
(In an ancient Roman city) a public square or marketplace used for judicial and other business.​

The Southampton English Dictionary claims only fora is permissible in British English. Ever. :p

Yes, excuse me, Gentlemen, I just realised my error. Please accept my sincere apologies!

So. On to the Adventures of the Bunny in Continental Europe:

Advertizing on German colleague shaving sites may indeed have a positive influence on the amount of applicants. Neat idea. I simply misunderstood. I am physically awake, but my mental state of (lack of) mind seems to be quite dormant. Thank you for the suggestion!

(on yet another side note - @Bechet : I love his music! )

Back
Top Bottom