Ever Ready 1912 cost question

The OCD in me wants a boxed Ever Ready 1912 as I'll shortly be receiving a restored Ever Ready brush.

What would you expect to pay for one? Assume it's an eBay job?

Also notice Made in England or USA, is there any real difference?

Thanks for any info you have.

Cheers

Shaun

British Made are better both in terms of quality of finish and how the shave feels. USA can be so-so and are often very tatty. With British, it's pretty easy to get a very good quality for not much money.

Posted, eBay, expect to pay £12-£15 for the razor and £20-£25 for a cased model. Naturally, there are one or two models which will attract more but it's pretty much just the Sun Ray, a 1912 with Art Deco patterns all over it. Rare.

Go careful as there are eBay sellers either mistakenly, or otherwise, selling regular 1912s for silly money ... like £100 ish.

I never gazump people when they come to me privately asking about specific razors so if you want to run a few eBay possibles past me, I'll happily say "yay, or nay" by way of advice to get you a good priced razor.

British Made are better both in terms of quality of finish and how the shave feels. USA can be so-so and are often very tatty. With British, it's pretty easy to get a very good quality for not much money.

Posted, eBay, expect to pay £12-£15 for the razor and £20-£25 for a cased model. Naturally, there are one or two models which will attract more but it's pretty much just the Sun Ray, a 1912 with Art Deco patterns all over it. Rare.

Go careful as there are eBay sellers either mistakenly, or otherwise, selling regular 1912s for silly money ... like £100 ish.

I never gazump people when they come to me privately asking about specific razors so if you want to run a few eBay possibles past me, I'll happily say "yay, or nay" by way of advice to get you a good priced razor.
Indeed. My first 1912 was a US one and it pales significantly in terms of quality/finish and performance; compared to my 3 English ones.

Back
Top Bottom