Eversharp Schick

I shaved today with my latest acquisition, a Schick Injector. It was a nice break from learning to use a straight razor. It has a gold head with a white plastic handle. and has Eversharp Schick on the head, no other markings. According to the Schick page on safetyrazor.net, It's a model J1 dating from the late fifties to the mid sixties.

Eversharp Shick 1 small.jpg
I used a new blade a Personna that I bought from Connaught Shaving. A very nice shave first time out as good as any I get from my DE razors. with practice it should get better. Only one nick on my lower neck going XTG, it was really my own fault. the head seems almost to find it's own angle. I was maybe a little too cautious with the angle we'll see.

As KC stated the J 1 is mild, but it's a great injector to learn on & to loan out. I have one that was gifted to me, but I prefer my I 2, G 1 & M Model more. Even then that is dependent on which blade & in what razor. Regardless, I like injectors far better than the new crop of AC/SE "wiper blade" razors. :p ;)

This is fast becoming my favourite razor. With Personna blades it's neither too mild nor too aggressive. and consistently gives good shaves. It won't of course stop me using my DE razors, or my efforts to learn to shave with a straight razor. You'd think I'd be happy that I've found the best blade for my Schick but I keep reading about Chinese blades for these razors. Can anyone recommend a supplier?

...You'd think I'd be happy that I've found the best blade for my Schick but I keep reading about Chinese blades for these razors. Can anyone recommend a supplier?

Amazon has the best price I believe on the "Chick". That Personna blade works better in the J 1 per my experiences as well. Fortunately, the old Schick G Models are as common as dirt and cheap. The "Chick" blade works in those exceptionally well IMO.

Back
Top Bottom