excuse me if!

I'm trying to teach granny how to suck eggs here but.....
Four days ago I received my gorgeous calani soaps, when I went to have my first shave with one of the pucks this evening I noticed the crepe paper was not only stuck to the soap it was soaking up oils.
This concerned me a bit, so looked at all my other as yet unused soaps that came in cardboard boxes.
Found a couple of other makes that were doing the same.
Others that were in grease proof paper were fine.
So I have now taken all soaps out of their attractive boxes and put them into individual screw top tubs with the labels cut off the original boxes sellotaped onto the lids.
My rationale being that it's somewhat pointless us paying for artisan products that will most certainly degrade if kept in their original packaging.
As I said apologies if I'm trying to teach granny, but I know several guys collection's are kept this way going by photos.

I'm trying to teach granny how to suck eggs here but.....
Four days ago I received my gorgeous calani soaps, when I went to have my first shave with one of the pucks this evening I noticed the crepe paper was not only stuck to the soap it was soaking up oils.
This concerned me a bit, so looked at all my other as yet unused soaps that came in cardboard boxes.
Found a couple of other makes that were doing the same.
Others that were in grease proof paper were fine.
So I have now taken all soaps out of their attractive boxes and put them into individual screw top tubs with the labels cut off the original boxes sellotaped onto the lids.
My rationale being that it's somewhat pointless us paying for artisan products that will most certainly degrade if kept in their original packaging.
As I said apologies if I'm trying to teach granny, but I know several guys collection's are kept this way going by photos.
Not good is it? I will have to do the same as soon as they arrive! Thanks for the heads up.

Personally I would check any stock you've got , I do understand that this may take you a few days however! :) :)

Ps, talking of calani, I've unfortunately had no reply to my email to her regards when the cadre noir would be back in stock?

Personally I would check any stock you've got , I do understand that this may take you a few days however! :) :)

Ps, talking of calani, I've unfortunately had no reply to my email to her regards when the cadre noir would be back in stock?
When you ordered your calani did you receive a conformation email back from her? I received my email from PayPal but nothing from Calani, emailed her today with my order number but still no reply!!

I purchased my Calani from ShaveDash, mine came in a small ziplock bag in their box, it was sticking to the plastic but I always transplant my loose pucks of soap into cheap tubs from Tesco or Wilkinsons. Almost perfectly sized with a little squashing. The boxes I just keep handy for my Shave of The /Day photos.

I don't see why others like PaulHFilms would faff with drying a puck and put it back in it's box, seems like extra work when you can pop it in a tub for better storage and ease of use.

Back
Top Bottom