Fatip Grande

I would say though with the Fatip, choose your blades carefully, something like a Feather or a Carbon Treet will turn the aggressiveness up a notch with weepers galore if you are not careful. I find that for my skin the Fatip paired best with a Wilkinson Sword or a Rapira Stainless.

It will be Nacets I have quite a lot of them :rolleyes:

I received my Fatip Grande today, it's a version 1 and there is a large amount of blade on view compared to my Tech.

I used TOBS cream and a new Nacet blade, the blade could be felt so I took it nice and steady it wizzed through a 4 day growth WTG with ease leaving very little hair to be dealt with ATG this I took very slowly, a third pass was not required, just a small amount of touch up.

I had a couple of weepers and a small amount of irritation on my neck, nothing better prep and technique won't cure, i got a fantastic shave for one less pass and much less touch up.

I have got to say this is a hell of a razor, my Tech really struggled with my chin and neck areas no such problems with the Fatip.

The finish is not the best but not terrible, the blade aligned perfectly, which I was very surprised about considering the number of posts about it been a big problem, i must have got a good one.

For the price this is an amazing razor, I really liked my Tech but this razor makes it redundant.

For around the £20 mark they are well worth a try.

Thanks to all who have offered advice :)

i didnt realise theyd made a v2. when did this happen, and who sells them?
I was gifted a v2 in 2016 so they switched production to the v2 maybe a bit earlier, there is some more accurate info on the bajer&blades.

As far as I read from an Italian forum there are v2's without the logo on the bottom plate so the way to tell is by weight apparently as the v1 was slightly heavier.

I have both and the black v2 and it is definitely smoother (for me at least) than the old model.

Works really well in the presence of Arko but I don't use it much since finding the Krona.

The second and third shaves are just as impressive, the Nacet blade in the Tech was pretty much done on the 3rd shave, I get the impression I will get a great close shave for longer with this combination.

I am still get some skin irritation I assume this is down to technique, which I hope to sort fairly soon.

The second and third shaves are just as impressive, the Nacet blade in the Tech was pretty much done on the 3rd shave, I get the impression I will get a great close shave for longer with this combination.

I am still get some skin irritation I assume this is down to technique, which I hope to sort fairly soon.
Try a milder blade until you get more used to it. For what it's worth, I use a Voskhod in mine.

Back
Top Bottom