Favorite American Soaps?

Me and a mate of mine where thinking to order some soaps from Maggards. They offer a broad range of soaps and I've been wanting to try some of the better known American Artisan soaps for a while.
I'm also aware that the American soaps are good but don't supercede the top of the European soaps. The American market are easily exited about their home grown products.
My favorite soaps are TFS, Saponificio Varesino, Haslinger, Meissner and Le Pere Lucien.

What are your experiences with the top tier American Soaps? Are there some recommendations among them? What should I look for when I'm shopping at Maggards for a fresh summer soap without menthol? Or.... should I keep away from the US artisans?

Me and a mate of mine where thinking to order some soaps from Maggards. They offer a broad range of soaps and I've been wanting to try some of the better known American Artisan soaps for a while.
I'm also aware that the American soaps are good but don't supercede the top of the European soaps. The American market are easily exited about their home grown products.
My favorite soaps are TFS, Saponificio Varesino, Haslinger, Meissner and Le Pere Lucien.

What are your experiences with the top tier American Soaps? Are there some recommendations among them? What should I look for when I'm shopping at Maggards for a fresh summer soap without menthol? Or.... should I keep away from the US artisans?
I like Barrister and Mann and Stirling, flavours are up to you :)

Stirling are very good, never failed to have a bad soap from them. I have had scents I hated off the bat like Texas On Fire but that is all subjective. Their scents are spot on if you get something you'll like. I have tried two different iterations of a scent and Stirlings just blows the socks off the other brands version.

I never got the fuss with Barrister and Mann, tried it and it isn't that special in my opinion.

I quite like Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements, say what you will about the owner but he knows how to make cracking soap. The scents are fantastic and the lather most excellent. Highly recommend 11235 and Coconut Oud.

Last edited:
Stirling are very good, never failed to have a bad soap from them. I have had scents I hated off the bat like Texas On Fire but that is all subjective. Their scents are spot on if you get something you'll like. I have tried two different iterations of a scent and Stirlings just blows the socks off the other brands version.

I never got the fuss with Barrister and Mann, tried it and it isn't that special in my opinion.

I quite like Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements, say what you will about the owner but he knows how to make cracking soap. The scents are fantastic and the lather most excellent. Highly recommend 11235 and Coconut Oud.
+1

I also don't get what the fuss is about Barrister and Mann. I don't think they are superior to PAA or Stirling. The choice of scents offered by PAA and Stirling is excellent.

I'm also aware that the American soaps are good but don't supercede the top of the European soaps. The American market are easily exited about their home grown products...

E9RE0PD.jpg

;)

I am not into artisan shaving stuff, I am not saying anything like because they are bad but it is just not my sort of thing. However I have few American shaving soaps and the normal ones like Vintage Colgate and Vintage Williams are very good, Fine soaps and aftershaves are wonderful, also I got Razorock's(I think it's American) P160 soft soap which is great, few years ago I bought QVC Vostock and didn't like it at all, because the menthol is too much in the soap, once it's applied I couldn't feel anything apart from an unpleasant numbness on my face due to menthol. I also got Fine's snake bite which is a strong menthol soap and I think it is way better than qvc vostock

Stirling is good as is Through the fire fine crafts but honestly you aren't missing that much and I'd be happy to stick with OSP, P&B and Wickhams. Not only will they give a fine shave you will save a fortune. Too much is made of scents 90% is washed off after the shave then you follow up with an aftershave anyway.

Stirling is good as is Through the fire fine crafts but honestly you aren't missing that much and I'd be happy to stick with OSP, P&B and Wickhams. Not only will they give a fine shave you will save a fortune. Too much is made of scents 90% is washed off after the shave then you follow up with an aftershave anyway.

Do agree with this, barrister and Mann is great as is Stirling and dr Jon's, the main reason to buy USA soaps is probably the range of scents no the quality of their performance compared to the UK artisans.

Back
Top Bottom