First time feather user.

I'm going to try feathers tomorrow in my Gillette Senator, will my face stay in one piece :D
The blade will not be a problem if your lather and technique are up to a good standard. I also manage to get plenty of shaves out of a Feather blade so the only negative side is the price. Gillette Silver Blue would be my best performer and works in all my razors.

Last edited:
I've found them insanely sharp. They make exceptionally light work of anything in their way but I, personally, found them harsh on their first use. They mellow out wonderfully thereafter. Considering I touch-up my cheeks and shave my neck, the 'harshness' had to be respected.

Comparing with my recent trial of a Gillette Nacet, I found the latter much more 'throwable', i.e. you can plant it anywhere on your face with a relatively aggressive razor and not have too much worry. I had potentially my best shave yet with the Nacet, to the point where I wanted to shave last night and this morning but have absolutely no need to. Bit stubbly, yes, but still looking respectably sharp!

I am currently working my way through two packs of them which I got with my starter kit.

Work well for me, little irritation given I am new to this. They have yet to year my face up.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

They may or may not suit you, well worth a try, I get great shaves from them but, only 2 an Astra SP will last all week shaving daily.

I don't get the often read be careful they are super sharp advice, easiest way to cut yourself is with a blunt blade IMO.
Good lather & a light touch (as always), you'll be fine.

For what its worth I found feathers paired with the EJ DE89 absolutely sublime.

I reckon that they're ideal for a mild razor, though, strangely, I also find them the only blade that makes my Gillette long-comb NEW work properly, which is strange as it's considered to be relatively aggresive razor, IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom