This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. shaunwistow

shaunwistow

How do

Just acquired some floid aftershave & love the scent. (Edit it's the Masaje Genuino Mentolado Vigoroso)

Any soaps or creams out there with very similar scent?

Cheers
    Shaun

Last edited: Wednesday December 6, 2017 at 16:26
    Agent Shave likes this.
  2. Sid James

Sid James

3. Benz3ne

Benz3ne

^ He's right! Mentolado Vigoroso and Suave smell pretty similar, I've not tried Floïd black or Floïd Blue but the latter has RazoRock's 'Barbershop Blue' soap modelled on it. Smells great to me either way. :)

Agent Shave likes this.
  4. shaunwistow

shaunwistow

Orange - Masaje Genuino Mentolado Vigoroso

As it was a trade I'm just making sure with @Oomer that the contents of the bottle match the label. Edit - it's been confirmed

Last edited: Wednesday December 6, 2017 at 16:29
    Oomer and Benz3ne like this.
  5. Benz3ne

Benz3ne

Oomer is a good egg, I'm sure it's the right stuff. Powdery, citrussy, light smelling with a bit of a lingering menthol 'buzz'? That's mentolado vigoroso! I'm not sure of any who do replicate it in soap format, off the top of my head with the exception of Vloïd by Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements, though I don't know (a) how close it is, (b) whether it's still available and, (c) where to get it from in the UK...

Oomer and shaunwistow like this.
  6. Oomer

Oomer

Thanks for the kind words Ben. It's 100% vigoroso I would never do that, but I think Shaun was trying to match it up with a soap or cream so he just wanted to make sure.

Benz3ne and shaunwistow like this.
  7. shaunwistow

shaunwistow

Sorry if my post seemed to question your integrity, nothing could be further from the truth. As it wasn't a full bottle I just wanted to check the bottle matched the contents. Very pleased with it & nice to deal with you. I'm glad you've introduced me to my first Floid product, love it.

Agent Shave, Oomer and Benz3ne like this.
  8. It's great juice..nice old school scent and a lovely menthol slap. No idea which soap would smell like this though..Italian Barber may have something..as they produced a soap to match Floid blue..

shaunwistow and Benz3ne like this.
  9. Benz3ne

Benz3ne

"Vloïd by Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements" - Me, 2017. :p

I think the only places to get it are Italian Barber, here or PAA directly, here. I'd imagine postage to be a bit of a stinger, though...

10. shaunwistow

shaunwistow

PAA Vloid seems like the one, looks difficult to get in the UK