Focus se r48

Roy

I spied this razor on Caunaught and wondered if it has been properly tested. I think the pivot factor is what drew me and that it can take my favourite de blade.

Got mine from a US vendor two weeks ago. Made very well and shaves good however, you can't leave the head flat against your face as it will not shave. I bring the handle in towards my face because the head design is not flat or oval like some DE razors and the result is a 100% improvement. Loading and unloading a half DE blade is very simple. My total evaluation is you have to get used to the characteristics of this razor. So it's a love hate affair.
PS: I bought the stand but you don't really need it.

Hi second day of using this, and quite different from de razor. Seems small strokes work best, but shaves very close.

Couldn't upload the other day due to not being to log in but....

170813_SOTD.jpg

The shaves so far have been good, 2 pass shave and it's a DFS. My good lady (SWMBO) fancies trying on the her legs as well, as it's similar to a cartridge razor which she's used to to using, so that'll be interesting. I'm also due a buzz cut on the head in the near future which I normally follow up with a head shave, so it'll probably get used for that as well. But once you get the angle sussed, it's almost akin to using a cartridge razor.

Day three of this razor, but do not find it comfortable or efficient. Tried Gillette silver blue and today feather. Halfway through used my EJ and no comparison. Will keep trying as razor well made.

Back
Top Bottom