General thoughts as to ATT razors

Satanfriendly

Supporter
Supporter
LeJog 2022 Finisher
Not completely happy with my Rocca I have decided to move it on (selling in a weeks or so when home) and I have been looking at alternative DE's.

I have an Ikon B1 which I love (scares me shitless but the results are something else) a beautiful brass Seygus and a couple of R89's which are my favourite 'reach for' razors. Oh and a Futura which is also to be moved on.

Fascinated by some of the beautiful razors out there I do have a certain fascination for the ATT range.

Any thoughts or experiences?

Forgot to mention I also have an old Ever Ready which I know little about and probably need to explore. Part of a lovely leather cased grooming set. Must post some photos some time

Last edited:
Not completely happy with my Rocca I have decided to move it on (selling in a weeks or so when home) and I have been looking at alternative DE's.

I have an Ikon B1 which I love (scares me shitless but the results are something else) a beautiful brass Seygus and a couple of R89's which are my favourite 'reach for' razors. Oh and a Futura which is also to be moved on.

Fascinated by some of the beautiful razors out there I do have a certain fascination for the ATT range.

Any thoughts or experiences?

Forgot to mention I also have an old Ever Ready which I know little about and probably need to explore. Part of a lovely leather cased grooming set. Must post some photos some time
ATT make good razors at a reasonable price and you are covered with their 30 day return policy so you can't loose.
I have had four ATT DE razors and was very happy with them.

I have three..with the overwhelming amount of stainless steel razors these days many overlook them..they are great and I love the machined finish on them..also seem to withstand wear and tear compared to others I have..scratches and "dings" seem less noticeable..

Thanks for the replies so far chaps. Appreciated.

Something to look in to when home next week and the Rocca hopefully sold on. Just a question of which? I am swung towards the polished copper or polished SS Windsor.

As much as the polished copper does look the dogs dangly's it did pass my mind about the finish and how to keep it looking the dogs dangly's. The brass Seygus is entertaining enough on this front.

From what folk are saying it really does look like an ATT will be on the acquisitions list for 2018.

Gentlemen please let me put your minds at rest concerning the Copper ATT Windsor. I too thought it would be a bugger to keep shiny but I contacted Stan first to ask that very question. He told me it would always stay as new so I bought it and he is as good as his word. No cleaning required it just stays as good as the day I bought it.

They are all nice I have had the closed combs, slants and open comb in both normal and slant. The M1 was too mild for me, the M2 open combs a tad aggressive for daily use. This time I got the R1 (regular) and it is perfect, close but still easy to use. If you like really aggressive then you want the H1. The SS are matt finish.

I do have several of Stans creations - top products all of them. Latest addition is a SS R1 Windsor (closed comb, polished). Great preformer and the long version of the barberpole-style Atlas handle is just perfect in my eyes.
But the mat finsh of the standard ATT SS line is lovely too. Not to forget that this line includes both a closed comb and open comb slant head which makes the difference to actually all other manufacturers of SS razors.

Marco

Back
Top Bottom