Gillette Takes Off The Gloves

UK price for the Mach3 blades are 4 for £7.

A bit less than than the full fat Mach 3 blades, but the 8 pack of the full fat ones often go for £12 for 8 so IMO it's not really a low price alternative in the UK at least.

I started shaving with a DE safety razor initially to save money. As you all know, £12 can buy 100 DE blades depending on the make and where you buy them. About a year ago I bought a Schick injector SE razor, I really enjoy the shave I get, but I now think of the blades as being "a bit pricey". It's good to visit this area of the forum every once in a while to remind myself of the bad old days!

The Gillette 3 and 5 have not been released in the UK. In the UK for less expensive Mach3 carts it's best to buy disposables.
They are £3.49 for 3 in Savers, and often on promotion in the Supermarkets and Wilko. Tesco will often do a 5 pack for £5.00. How cheap do you want a shave to be? The reason that DE's are so cheap is that you are generally importing them from the developing world.

The Gillette 3 and 5 have not been released in the UK. In the UK for less expensive Mach3 carts it's best to buy disposables.
They are £3.49 for 3 in Savers, and often on promotion in the Supermarkets and Wilko. Tesco will often do a 5 pack for £5.00. How cheap do you want a shave to be? The reason that DE's are so cheap is that you are generally importing them from the developing world.

Gillette3 is aleady for sale in the UK

If you read the article it says they are available in the EU and are sold as Mach3 Start instead of Gillette3. 4 carts can be purchased for £7 at Superdrug, Boots and others.

https://www.superdrug.com/Gillette/Mach-3-Start-Blades-4CT/p/744228

Gillette3 is aleady for sale in the UK.

If you read the article it says they are available in the EU and are sold as Mach3 Start instead of Gillette3. 4 carts can be purchased for £7 at Superdrug, Boots and others.
I am fully aware of the Mach 3 Start.
http://theshaveden.com/forums/threa...o-vs-gillette-sensor-exel.58091/#post-1378402

However, there has been no claims previously that the blades have the new Gillette 3 coatings. Yes, they share the same aqua grip handle.

However the biggest difference is the concept! Gillette 3 carts are less than 50% of Mach 3 "Base" carts in the USA. In the UK the saving is one pound. A pack of Mach 3 Start carts are £7.00, whilst Mach 3 carts are £8.00

Last edited:
Mach 3 Base

792afea4-1cc3-4a9e-aed7-0a8c188baa6c.jpg.w480.jpg

Mach 3 Start

Mach3Start_TechTab_M.jpg

Gillette 3

Gillette3_TechTab.jpg

So the Mach 3 Start has the same blades as the Mach 3 in the USA. Gillette 3 are meant to have different blades from the Mach 3.

Last edited:
Have you noticed that the Mach 3 start cart is different from the Mach 3 "Base" and Gillette 3? ;)

Last edited:
Anyway considering Gillette 3 are meant to be inexpensive, why are Mach3 Start carts 4 for £7.00, when a pack of 3 Mach3 disposables are £3.49? :rolleyes:

Dear Gillette,

READ MY BLOODY LIPS, I'm NOT going back to cartridge razors, because you're a bloody RIPOFF!!!

Do you UNDERSTAND me!!

If you don't understand my lips, then you'll understand my sign language and I'll keep it very simple for you.
Yes, those £300.00 stainless steel DE razors are such good value. Can you really not afford a 23p shave? It's strange people think that a pack of Mach3 disposables are a rip off then buy overpriced brushes from China for a lot of money. But each to their own.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom