This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gillette UK vs. US Pricing

Discussion in 'Cartridge (System) & One-piece Disposable Razors' started by Bogeyman, Sunday December 3, 2017.

1. Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Blademonkey likes this.
  2. JohnnyO

JohnnyO

Don't know about subsidising Gillette, however the government certainly seems to subsidise a lot of non British concerns, so who knows.

JohnnyO. o/

barbiere, Mark Catana and Blademonkey like this.
  3. Mbarn

Mbarn

Poundland basically sells overstock, or end of line items. They will only have that batch of stock, and it will not be available again.
    You can sometimes get some great deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blademonkey and Major_Hayes like this.
  4. Bogeyman

Bogeyman

I was being facetious re a subsidy. ;)

5. JohnnyO

JohnnyO

Our government will hand out taxpayers' cash to anyone as long as they aren't British, so I'm not sure that I was. After all, we have given subsidies to Peru to breed larger guinea pigs for eating, so who can tell where it ends.

JohnnyO. o/

Blademonkey and Bogeyman like this.
  6. Mbarn

Mbarn

The government doesn’t just give to non-British, they also like to give Scottish people extra, with their free prescriptions and water, whilst the rest of us pay.

7. JohnnyO

JohnnyO

Bit embarassing for me, really, being Scottish and living in Scotland. Does it help that I pay my taxes and water rates ?

JohnnyO. o/

Blademonkey likes this.
  8. Mbarn

Mbarn

It does help, and makes me feel better that some of that money can be diverted to breeding the guinea pigs and the future royal wedding.

Blademonkey and JohnnyO like this.
  9. Sid James

Sid James

To be fair the taxpayer only picked up £7m of his brothers wedding bill... Oh, we paid for their house doing up too because obviously they weren’t going to live in that shit hole.

Blademonkey likes this.
  10. JohnnyO

JohnnyO

In the interests of full disclosure I should probably say that my sister in law married a Peruvian in the 1970s, lives in Lima and does indeed keep guinea pigs on the roof as a source of clean, fresh meat. However, since we don't get on I wouldn't mind if that particular overseas subsidy stopped.

JohnnyO. o/

Blademonkey likes this.
  11. Mbarn

Mbarn

Not sure if this is tongue-in-cheek like my comments, or genuinely true. Made me laugh.

Blademonkey likes this.
  12. JohnnyO

JohnnyO

Completely true ... she came out of Bible College, went out to Peru to work in a Christian bookshop and married Ector, a Baptist type pastor. And no, we definitely do not get on !

JohnnyO. o/

PS If she gave you a bit of a giggle then at least, after all these years, she's not been a total waste of space !

Blademonkey and Mbarn like this.
  13. Sabre

Sabre

Blademonkey and Bogeyman like this.