Greetings from Ross-shire

Hello TSR members. My name is Ian and I live in the Highlands of Scotland just outside the village of Evanton. I have been a member here for some time. This is my first foray into forums and I now feel ready to jump in. I returned to DE shaving about a year ago despite some horrible experiences when younger. For years I had then purchased the latest cartridge offering and to be fair they do offer for me a quick, efficient, trouble free, close- ish, if expensive shave.
A change of job meant an end to really early morning starts and I decided to turn the previously time sensitive chore into something more enjoyable. Several razors, brushes and soaps were purchased and so it began. Monday to Friday work shaves. Saturday a more relaxed shave and day off Sunday to give my skin a rest. How I wish I had come across TSR earlier . Some mistakes I made Included buying way too many blade samples and using too many new products all at the same time. Just to explain I have very strong growth which goes in all directions, coupled with sensitive skin. A north to south pass for me takes off very little stubble. Six o'clock shadow? By 6 I used to look like a member of the Anthill Mob!
Having read through numerous threads and gained much from the many knowledgeable members on here my shaves began to improve. And I now get consistently good shaves, way better than anything I got with a cart. Although the search for shaving Nirvana continues.
I also thanks to the BST section own a Schick injector and an Eveready Streamline which I tend to use for my Saturday shave. These are so good I don't need to shave in the evening If I'm going out later. The Schick Chick and Gem SE blades I'm using do require care as both can really bite if you make a mistake. If there is a modern SE that can improve on these two I'll be amazed. May have to get hold of one anyway, though purely for comparison you understand! Apologies if this is a bit lengthy, guess I should have taken the plunge earlier.

Ian

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Hello TSR members. My name is Ian and I live in the Highlands of Scotland just outside the village of Evanton. I have been a member here for some time. This is my first foray into forums and I now feel ready to jump in. I returned to DE shaving about a year ago despite some horrible experiences when younger. For years I had then purchased the latest cartridge offering and to be fair they do offer for me a quick, efficient, trouble free, close- ish, if expensive shave.
A change of job meant an end to really early morning starts and I decided to turn the previously time sensitive chore into something more enjoyable. Several razors, brushes and soaps were purchased and so it began. Monday to Friday work shaves. Saturday a more relaxed shave and day off Sunday to give my skin a rest. How I wish I had come across TSR earlier . Some mistakes I made Included buying way too many blade samples and using too many new products all at the same time. Just to explain I have very strong growth which goes in all directions, coupled with sensitive skin. A north to south pass for me takes off very little stubble. Six o'clock shadow? By 6 I used to look like a member of the Anthill Mob!
Having read through numerous threads and gained much from the many knowledgeable members on here my shaves began to improve. And I now get consistently good shaves, way better than anything I got with a cart. Although the search for shaving Nirvana continues.
I also thanks to the BST section own a Schick injector and an Eveready Streamline which I tend to use for my Saturday shave. These are so good I don't need to shave in the evening If I'm going out later. The Schick Chick and Gem SE blades I'm using do require care as both can really bite if you make a mistake. If there is a modern SE that can improve on these two I'll be amazed. May have to get hold of one anyway, though purely for comparison you understand! Apologies if this is a bit lengthy, guess I should have taken the plunge earlier.

Ian

Hi Ian, I like Schicks, I like Gems, I really like my Supply SE with the three plates, I wouldn't say improves upon but a fabulous razor none the less. If you get the chance try to pick up a pal adjustable, another fab razor. :)

Welcome to the forum. I found the Streamline a mediocre shaver (you obviously are of another vision), among the modern SE's I've tried the Asylum RX is my favorite.

Hi Ian, I like Schicks, I like Gems, I really like my Supply SE with the three plates, I wouldn't say improves upon but a fabulous razor none the less. If you get the chance try to pick up a pal adjustable, another fab razor. :)
Cheers Blademonkey. Good to know. Thanks to your posts I now have a nice supply of Nacet's and Rubie's.

Welcome to the forum. I found the Streamline a mediocre shaver (you obviously are of another vision), among the modern SE's I've tried the Asylum RX is my favorite.
Thanks Snuff. Streamline worked for me straight away. Hadn't heard of the Asylum, but will definitely check it out. Cheers.

Hi Ian and welcome.
Single edge or double edge razors are the way to go for a good shave, in my opinion. I have never had closer shaves with cartridges.
Thanks invicta. Yeah I've got a few DE's now and although I've had to persevere with a couple they all shave great with the right blade combo.

Hello Ian, haven't been to the shop yet, I've ordered a few things from him though. There's a video kicking around the forum somewhere that one of our members, Kevy took showing us around the shop.looks good and full of irresistibles.
would definitely be worth a visit Ian, a bit of discipline would definitely be called for tho, otherwise your visa card might melt before you manage to get out the shop.:eek::D

Hello Ian, haven't been to the shop yet, I've ordered a few things from him though. There's a video kicking around the forum somewhere that one of our members, Kevy took showing us around the shop.looks good and full of irresistibles.
would definitely be worth a visit Ian, a bit of discipline would definitely be called for tho, otherwise your visa card might melt before you manage to get out the shop.:eek::D
I hear what you're saying Pat. Was going to order a few bits from the site before this trip came up. Although any saving on postage may prove to be false economy in the end!

Back
Top Bottom