This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello (finally)! My 3 week shaving den (Photos)

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum' started by Distorted Vision, Sunday August 27, 2017.

1. I've finally been able to register on the forum. Whilst I've been waiting to do so I've been chatting to Nick Sorrell who has been a great source of knowledge and advice.

I've been wet shaving for just 3 weeks. My first batch of orders:

[​IMG]

My second batch of orders:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Many thanks to Anthony from The Shave Lounge for kindly giving me TSR discount code. Most of my kit was purchased from The Shave Lounge. Excellent service!

I'm waiting for the stands I ordered from Razors Direct to arrive along with the rest of the vintage Gillette razors I've bought to arrive from the US. Some of the soaps I've ordered should arrive in the next few days.

2. Welcome, that's a good start, 3 weeks........you jumped in to that rabbit hole feet first! :) P.

Reaver and Benz3ne like this.
  3. Great start! Some very nice gear there, welcome to the forum.

4. Well, you definitely aren't wasting any time. A very nice setup you are putting together.

5. patw

patw

Hello and welcome, three weeks and all that shaving gear you must be mad,don't worry though you've came to the right place .:eek:

Nice collection ;)

6. donnie_arko

donnie_arko

It goes without saying that is an incredible collection of shaving paraphernalia for 3 weeks into the DE shaving journey but I have to pay special attention to the tidy desk and clock with hygrometer, room humidity is something to acknowledge!

May you continue to sink ever deeper into the rabbit hole of DE shaving in our company....

Radonauta likes this.
  7. Bandito

Bandito

You do know any 'normal' person would look at that and think you're crackers?

As has been mentioned though, you're in good company - very, very impressive start! :)

8. Thanks - nice to meet you all. I have a few more things arriving this week. I'll post photos when they arrive.

Wayne Pritchard likes this.
  9. Missoni

Missoni

Welcome @Distorted Vision; thats what I call a good start; will be great to see a picture of your den in 12 months!

10. nick_s

nick_s Moderator Staff Member

Ahh you made it Rupesh :D Welcome along buddy, as you can see, you're in fine company.

11. Bizzyberry

Bizzyberry

12. newbie

Welcome to TSR, nice start love to see it in 12 months

13. invicta

invicta

Welcome to TSR. You are all set for some great shaves.

14. pimple8

pimple8

Wow man. I've been in this for more than a year and still don't have that much stuff in the den. :)

Welcome and all the best!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

15. Boru62

Boru62

16. I have being DE and shavette shaving for the last 3 years, never mind 3 Weeks and still have no were near that much stuff...

I really need to get finger out and go on a shopping spree

17. Welcome to the pleasures of DE shaving.
    You have done exactly what I did a few years back. You will realize along the way that there are other razors to be had, so ease up on getting stuff right now as you might end up with equipment you will outgrow in a few months.
    Read reviews and ask questions, establish the kind of effectiveness you like and move along this line. At some point you will realize that an adjustable is not a bad idea as it helps you point a finger at the exact effectiveness you like.
    About brushes, the Kent is a good one but there are other artisan brushes that will attract you as well. Having said that, I have 14 brushes and 48 razors and last night I ordered my third silvertip from an artisan I respect and enjoy his products. So look into that also. In order to save money there is a buy, sell thread in this forum that you can get used stuff at a discount.

18. nlMike

nlMike

Nice selection of kit you've got there!

I can't stop but wonder though, what's in that jar middle left of your cabinet??

19. Welcome @Distorted Vision I see you have the bug already.
    I hope you understand that once you fall down the "Rabbit Hole" there is no return. :D

Enjoy!

20. shaunwistow

shaunwistow

Welcome & well done, I was only buying 1 razor, 1 brush & 1 soap... & then I fell into the rabbit hole

irish1759, Olie29 and Wayne Pritchard like this.