Hello from Naples, Italy

Greetings all,

My name is Josh and I just started wet shaving 3 months ago. I found a club that sends you everything you need, i.e. safety razor, brush, pre-shave, soap, post shave. It intrigued me because I remember my Dad shaving with the Old Spice mug of soap. I wanted to see what it was like and all of a sudden I'm hooked.

I've been trying all kinds of different soaps, razors, brushes, you name it. After three months, I have narrowed down the brush and razors that I like. I have two to three blades that I am liking but am still experimenting through tryablade.com; great site.

I've really enjoyed the community as a whole; everyone is super helpful and personable. The artisans and vendors are great as well. They treat you as a person and not as a number; they actually care if you become repeat business...in fact, that's what they want. This closeness within the community is what really impresses me and I'm only disappointed that I didn't find this hobby years and years ago.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I have found that some of the best soaps are made in Italy but it's not easy to find these places as many of the shops are in northern Italy. There is the Boellis barbershop that is 15 minutes away from where I live. I will plan to visit for a cut and shave; also to buy the 1924 stuff.

Thank you! I totally agree; tryablade.com is a great resource for finding the right blade. I've tested many blades and still have many more to go. I have found that I like the Personna Lab Blues and the Perma Sharp blades. I don't mind a Feather blade in my Muhle R106 but I get maybe two shaves out of them before they have to be tossed out.

Back
Top Bottom