Hello everyone
Im from norwich norfolk, anyone local? I have been straight shaving for a short while now and love everything to do with it. Im aiming to be able to hone one day too but that will be a little while before i get the stones. Having a little trouble with lather as ive moved from cream to a soap and im really struggling to build a nice lather of any kind. Looking for a scuttle or nice bowl thats cheap to try if not i may be forced back to the creams.
Thankyou for letting me on the group and for reading this.

Thank you. I have been trying with
Welcome along Michael :) What soaps are you trying? Most of the time, it's a case of loading more soap. Let us know and we will do our very best to help you out :)
thanks ive been trying with col. conk. And also a sample of pantie dropper. How is best to load up with a sample? As i only have a small piece wrapped in some paper.
Thanks

Thank you. I have been trying with

thanks ive been trying with col. conk. And also a sample of pantie dropper. How is best to load up with a sample? As i only have a small piece wrapped in some paper.
Thanks
Colonel Conk, if memory serves, is a glycerin based soap, which can be a bit pernickety to load. It would pay to load more up front. Press it into the bottom of a bowl, reasonably thin to get as much surface area as possible, and lightly bloom it (essentially, cover in water for a few mins to soften the soap - pour off water before loading). Then heavily load the soap into the brush, and build your lather on your face as opposed to in the bowl :) I have a couple of similar soaps, I will put together a video of how to achieve as best a result as possible.

Question - what brush are you using?

Back
Top Bottom